ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music Playlists

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/26/13 12:12 PM Views: 1098 Replies: 14
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I have not developed the music playlist as of yet. Is it possible for example, for a certain song to play when going on the "IN MEMORY" page and/or on the home page, just the class song?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM - Response #1

The only way you can control the music that is playing per page is to have the play reside in the Source of each of your pages. Then you could potentially create a specific playlist set for each page. But when the visitor leaves that page, one set of music will stop, and another will begin. This is as opposed to playing the music in the background using a popout style player that opens in a new window. In that scenario, you can't control the song that is playing at any given time.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM - Response #2

If I screw this up, can you go in and fix it?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM - Response #3

I can be here to teach you. Wink

You can do it. It's really not "that difficult". Watch the help video on adding music playlists that is on ClassCreator.com

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM - Response #4

I think I just get nervous but let me trust the process and attempt it.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM - Response #5

The answer to your question is yes. I have a Home Page player that can be "popped out" and continue playing as one peruses the site; otherwise, it stops when one leaves the Home Page. I also have a Player that automatically starts and shuffle plays through about 3 songs (Amazing Grace, etc.) when one accesses our In Memory page. You can also have a Player play a different song when one accesses any particular obituary. As Scott says, you have to embed the Players in the Source of that particular page.

Although I have done it, I would not attempt to tell you how to set up playing your class song. However, I can give you some assistance with getting other music on your site. I went to Playlist.com, or you can go to Grooveshark.com (you have to sign up, but both are free)and set up different Playlists. For example: One Playlist can be a list of oldies tunes, another Playlist can be songs meant only for your In Memory page, etc. When you have completed setting up a Playlist, copy the embed code for it, and paste it into the Source of the page in which you want it to play. Should you wish to add or delete certain songs, go back to Playlist of Grooveshare, to make the changes. They will automatically transfer those changes to your website.
As with all things computer, it may not be quite as simple as I have made it sound, but you came to the right place to ask the question, and Scott, et al and a large number of other website administrators will gladly assist with your project. Good luck. Edd

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM - Response #6

I put my playlist on my homepage but it wiped out my facebook page link and I would like the playlist at the bottom of the page. How do I get my facebook link back?

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM - Response #7

Mill,
It was already fixed in another Help Forum request

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM - Response #8

How do you place the playlist at the bottom of the page and how do you make it smaller...way too big!

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM - Response #9

You can go to Edit Site Pages, Edit HOME PAGE, then there is a radio button to move the announcements ABOVE the home page content. Or you can put the music player in the announcements and put the announcements at the bottom of the screen. (Use the RED and GREEN arrows to move content up and down)

I don't know of any way to make it smaller.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM - Response #10

I have the class song on the home page but have to say it is an eye sore. How can I place it on the bottom of the page and how can it be made smaller?

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM - Response #11

Move the embed code that you pasted into the source to the bottom of the source. That will move it down the page.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM - Response #12

I pasted the embed code into the source?

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM - Response #13

I added a bunch of space above the player. You can either add more space by using the enter key, or add content to fill the page.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM - Response #14

There is a way to make it smaller - even invisible. Making it smaller is proportional. So if you reduce the height, the width also gets smaller. IOW, you can't reduce the 'black' empty space. But if you make the height 1, it won't show at all!

However all this has to be done in "Source Mode" and that may not be comfortable for you yet. It's pretty easy, but a bit daunting the first time.

The other thing is that this relies on CC keeping the "rules" the same for the player.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.