ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Edit Help

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/04/09 01:04 PM Views: 1201 Replies: 6
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I'm having some issues trying to edit my home page. When I view my home page, I can see my announcements, and a couple of graphics that I put on it, but when I actually go to "edit pages", I don't see any of the code there. I've tried viewing the source code and everything. Any help is appreciated.

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

Try clicking the "Post Announcement" link under your Member links (second group of links) and then editing any existing Announcements you've created.

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 2:56 PM - Response #2

That works fine. It's only on the "Home Page." When I'm in edit mode I do not see the objects I placed there. If you look at my home page, there is a license plate image and another picture murale..... well, there was one, but now that's all gone also. This is the second time my home page has disappeared. Not sure what is happening.....

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 3:17 PM - Response #3

I went into edit mode for your home page and saw meta tags and body tags and various other things that shouldn't be there. You must be copying code from a third party html editor. Whatever it is you're ocpying in there, make sure you don't put in body tags and meta tags and things like that. I.e. only put in page content itself. I'm not sure, but by having body tags in there that shouldn't be there it may have even lead to losing content when you saved the page.

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM - Response #4

I don't see anything in my home page anymore. Where did it go?

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 6:41 PM - Response #5

I zapped it. There was nothing there but body tags and meta tags and things like that, that don't belong there. I.E. I only zapped stuff that could only cause you trouble. There was no actual content there when I looked.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 10:22 PM - Response #6

Thanks Brad for all your help! You have an amazing company and excellent support.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.