ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner Order of Registration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/21/11 02:55 PM Views: 3210 Replies: 16
Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Is there anyway within the existing reports for the Reunion Planner to determine the date that people resistered for an event?

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 11:21 AM - Response #1

That information isn't visible on any reports at the moment. I am not even sure if it is saved to the database.

What did you have in mind for the use of this information? A contest (first 10 classmates to register are entered in a drawing)? just wondering how this would be used.

Does anyone else have a need for this information? If so, how would you use it?

I will make a request for an enhancement for this information to be displayed in a report.

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 11:58 AM - Response #2

Our particular application wouldn't be to use the information in a contest.

We are a sailing club and while I use the reunion planner for registration purposes our events aren't "reunions." The specific situation in which this question arose was with respect to a team racing event. In this event as many teams as we can put together race four different classes of boats. As part of the registration process participants were asked to list their preference as to the class they wanted to sail. So at the end of the process we have a couple of things that have to be resolved. If the number of registrations received isn't evenly divisible by four not everyone can participate. Also there may too many participants selecting the same class of boat to sail as their first choice.

I recognize that keeping all of the registrations as they come in gives us the time sequence. However, a report run off at the end of the registration process containing the time of each registration would preclude that additional bookkeeping chore.

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM - Response #3

Kyle Erickson wrote:

That information isn't visible on any reports at the moment. I am not even sure if it is saved to the database.

It is - sort of - if what we are talking about are "orders"? Or is this just the registration event (can't see anything there)? The date the order is placed is in the data base. Should be easy to add that to the report - actually something I brought up a long time ago to Brad for better auditing.

Edited 07/25/11 12:06 PM
Monday, July 25, 2011 at 2:14 PM - Response #4

I'm talking about just the registration event.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 9:05 PM - Response #5

There is now a SORT option on the ATTENDEES page. You can sort by LAST NAME, FIRST NAME or the REGISTRATION ORDER. There wasn't a DATE before today, but now there is a date that will display if the registration is sorted by REGISTRATION ORDER. If there isn't a date, the attendees will still display in the right order (newest registrants at the top) because of the internal ID of each registration.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 12:04 AM - Response #6

Thanks that will be a big help.

A couple of questions though. You say that attendees can be sorted by Last Name, First Name or Registration Order. Not that I need it but I don't see a First Name option. Is there something that I have to activate? Secondly, there are now several entries for the each registrant on the Attendees page. Am I seeing this because the registration was entered before this modification and registrations from this point forward will just have one entry?

Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 12:26 AM - Response #7

Great. This is a great addition. Our 45h reunion is this Friday. It' our first with class creator. They had about 45 five years ago and right now we have 107 and still county. Our graduating class was less than 200.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 12:34 AM - Response #8

FC,

I said "Lastname, First Name", Not "Last Name", "First Name". This means if you have two "Smith" last names, "Smith, Abraham" will come before "Smith, George"

For your 2nd question, I will have the programmer look into this:

Did you delete your registration and then re-enter it about 10 times?

Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 1:07 AM - Response #9

I was having trouble and did enter the registration multiple times, probably three or four. However, the same situation occurs in past events that are no longer active. In those instances I'm sure the entries were only made once.

Monday, August 1, 2011 at 8:20 PM - Response #10

This is now fixed. You can also sort by PAYMENT TYPE and AMOUNT OWED.

Monday, August 1, 2011 at 8:32 PM - Response #11

Indeed it is. My thanks to you and the others at CC who made this enhancement so quickly. Your responsiveness is unmatched.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM - Response #12
datecreated.png

Kyle,

We just started to track registrations a couple of days ago and my extended report (screen shot excerpt attached) just shows the created (profile) date. Since this column can be obtained by downloading the profile summary, it's purpose here is not obvious. As some have suggested, registration date at this point and time would have far more meaning. I'm still a bit unclear about how to sort for registration sequence other than to read from the bottom of the report up. We have an interest in giving awards for 1st/10th/100th to sign up, so would be in favor of displaying it in a date stamp format next time future enhancements come up for discussion.

Bob

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM - Response #13

Until a few days ago, we weren't storing a registration date. We are storing one now, so that date can now be displayed in a report, but I don't know if it has been put in any report yet. The REUNION REPORTS are still in BETA. I will add this as an enhancement - to show the registration date.

The SORT order by registration order will put the first registration at the bottom and the newest registrations at the top. If you wanted the 10th registration, you would need to count 10 from the bottom. The internal number for registration order is unique and will tell the registration order of the registrations. It will still work even though a date wasn't stored in the system.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 10:38 PM - Response #14

Until a few days ago, we weren't storing a registration date. We are storing one now, so that date can now be displayed in a report, but I don't know if it has been put in any report yet. The REUNION REPORTS are still in BETA. I will add this as an enhancement - to show the registration date.

The SORT order by registration order will put the first registration at the bottom and the newest registrations at the top. If you wanted the 10th registration, you would need to count 10 from the bottom. The internal number for registration order is unique and will tell the registration order of the registrations. It will still work even though a date wasn't stored in the system.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 7:25 PM - Response #15

Can the time of registration also be included in the Event Planner as it was in the Reunion Planner. Same reason as I outlined in response #2 to this thread.

Friday, July 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM - Response #16

It is on the list.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.