ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Tried to add a quote on Home Page and goofed it up

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/11/09 10:22 PM Views: 1563 Replies: 7
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Ok, it's late and I should never have tried to do this but I found a great quote by Kurt Vonnegut of our very own state, and I tried to put it on at the top of the home page and then everything under it went waaay down to the bottom of the page so that you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. I tried to remove it and now I have a table on there with no words. Can you look at this and fix it! I'm sorry I should never have tried to do this at 10:15pm after working at a computer all day! Thanks, you guys are the best fixers! "True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country. (Kurt Vonnegut)" this was the quote I was trying to add. Kim

Edited 08/11/09 10:23 PM
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM - Response #1

Page looks fine to me. Smile

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM - Response #2

It didn't look fine to me, but I couldn't do anything about it.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM - Response #3

I viewed with Safari, IE and Firefox. It looked fine in all three.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM - Response #4

I was only kind of kidding above, it only looks fine because I fixed it.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 7:49 AM - Response #5

thank you Brad!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM - Response #6

I really want to thank you for fixing that mess I made last nite. I was at work and just nipped into the website this morning and typed a quick thank you and got on with my work. Tell me what to do when I want to change the quote weekly..I would like to do that so that along with other pieces of news and events we can keep the website from becoming stagnant. I see people logging on each day and want them to continue to do so. Thanks, Brad...you are the greatest and now it really does look good. Computer geek I am not...just know enough to be ('Rolling Eyes');

Edited 08/12/09 6:01 PM
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM - Response #7

I expanded the width of your table just a bit. Other than that you can type whatever quote, etc. you want there. The reason everything jumped to the bottom in Firefox was actually the class photo. It was just slightly too wide for the content column so I bumped the size down just a tad. That's really what fixed the page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.