ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

non-class website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/24/09 11:00 PM Views: 1503 Replies: 6
Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Hello,
I am using classcreator to create a site for my women's club. I need to get rid of all 'canned' verbiage on some of the pages that references 'class' or 'classmates.'
Is that possible?

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM - Response #1

No, although most of the things on your home page that say "Classmate" can be turned off under your Edit Home Page area.

Later this year we'll be spinning off a family version of Class Creator, and after that a system to make a site for any purpose. It will be quite some time before we get to that though. Thus for now, if you're going to try to "jury rig" your site into the Class Creator framework, you'll have to do the best ya can.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 11:43 PM - Response #2

Okay, thanks. I think I've turned it off everywhere I can. Just on the Profile page it has a message that If you are part of this class...

And then there's the new Senior Picture sort option that shows up.

Oh well, we'll see if it flies by the ladies with those two oddities.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM - Response #3

I am just starting a site - also for a non-class group of people. I've started looking around. Can you give me a hint of all the places you "turned off" references to classmates? Thanks.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM - Response #4

Most places are under your Home Page Edit area (the right hand module boxes). You can already change "Classmate Profiles" to the name of your choice. I think that's most of them.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM - Response #5

Class Creator was very helpful and changed the verbiage for me on the new member page and they also changed the wording that said Senior picture to just say Yearbook picture.
I turned off the Message Forum because the site is not going to be used for that.
The Where Are They Now I also turned off, as well as Birthdays.
We left The Day In History on the Home Page.
I am trying to post the New Member Application as a Survey but haven't had luck with that yet.
And I changed the Classmates Info to say Membership Info.

Edited 02/08/09 6:48 PM
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM - Response #6

What's the problem building the new member app?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.