ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Membership Option

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/28/08 07:20 PM Views: 1291 Replies: 4
Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 7:20 PM

I just added 2 names both families of registered class members and I marked both not to show their names under guest members. But both names showed under guest members. Did I miss something?

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 8:41 PM - Response #1

See analysis below.

Edited 08/28/08 8:49 PM
Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 8:47 PM - Response #2

I went in and clicked on all 7 of your Guest Members. You have 5 out of the 7 set to show on your Class List, and all 5 are. You have 2 of the 7 set to not show on your Class List, and those 2 are not showing. In other words the system is doing exactly what you're telling it to do.

I have a feeling you're not actually clicking on your Classmate Profiles link to see what everybody else would be seeing. You are probably just seeing all 7 names on your Guest Member list in your own Administration area, which only you can see. Yes, you see them all there because you need to be able to edit Guest Members that don't appear on your Class List in the future. If we hid them from you, then you'd never be able to edit those Profiles ever again... Click on Classmate Profiles on the links on your left and you'll see how your Class List is displaying for everybody else.

Edited 08/28/08 8:49 PM
Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 11:42 PM - Response #3

Perfect Analysis Brad. Everything checked out just like you said. The thing is I didn't think to check Classmate Profile would be displaying the non-administrative picture. This certainly enhanced my orientation as root administrator.I am so glad you know what you are doing . Thank you so much.

Friday, August 29, 2008 at 12:04 AM - Response #4

As a rule of thumb, just remember that when you click anything in the top group of links you're seeing what the public can see. When you click any links in the middle you're seeing what a Classmate can see. And when you click anything in the third block of links you're seeing only things an Administrator can see.

P.S. I don't really know what I'm doing -- I'm just pretending I do.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.