ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

A how-to question on profiles page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/17/08 12:02 PM Views: 1625 Replies: 7
Friday, October 17, 2008 at 12:02 PM

For a previous reunion we did a questionnaire with wonderful questions. I have the responses in an Access database. I want to include the responses somehow on the profile page where available. I can do each person's responses as a .pdf and upload each of them, but I don't have a way to put a link on their profile for the pdf. Am I missing something, or does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this?

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 1:06 PM - Response #1

Can it be linked in the comments section of their profile?

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM - Response #2

Yes, but I didn't want it where they could screw it up when they registered. Just thought there should be a neater solution.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 11:43 PM - Response #3

With a standard hyperlink you could link to the PDF from any Classmate's Profile... That would be easy. But yes, if you do that, then the Classmates themselves could "screw it up" because they have full control over their own Profile. Thus they could change or remove that link.

Ya really can't have it both ways. If you're going to put something on a Profile on behalf of that person, then they're going to be able to eliminate that element if they want to while joining, or after joining your site. If you want to ensure nobody ever does this, you'd have to find another place to link to all of these PDFs that only you control, such as one of your Customizable Link pages.

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 11:39 AM - Response #4

dumb question here: if I can't get to the source code of a profile, how do I insert a standard hyperlink? What am I missing?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 1:25 AM - Response #5

Just type the hyperlink right in. The system will take your html in any Profile field.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 7:40 AM - Response #6

Exactly what format do I use for the hyperlink? When I type it in, it doesn't work as a hyperlink--it just sits there like another line of comment.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM - Response #7

Your link text here

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.