ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deleting profile vs making it inactive

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/03/17 10:33 PM Views: 2582 Replies: 10
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 10:33 PM

We have a member who for some reason has asked us to remove him from the web site. I hate to delete him in case he changes his mind in the future. I don't see an option to just make his profile not viewable and therefore inaccessible to him. Help!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 10:50 PM - Response #1

Hi Lynn,

You can make a profile not appear on the class list under Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > Details page for that classmates and then choose to not display on class list. Did the classmate ask that their profile not appear or to no longer be involved in the website. If they no longer wish to be involved they may be looking for their login and details to be deleted. You may need to clarify this further with the classmate directly.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 10:11 PM - Response #2

We have a class member who has asked to be removed but would like to have the option to rejoin at some time in the future. Once deleted, can the class member re-join the site?

Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 11:37 PM - Response #3

Rick, it looks like you have the names of your classmates pre-loaded on the Classmate Profiles page. If so, after deleting the classmate, as long as you reenter his/her name on the Classmate Profiles list, the classmate may rejoin your site.

To remove the classmate: Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > click the Delete button at the far right side of the classmates's name.

Then, reenter the classmate's name on the Classmate Profiles page: Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > Add New Member > Fill in first and last name.

Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 11:54 PM - Response #4

Got it. Thank you!

Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 9:45 PM - Response #5

Kinda depends on why your member asked to be 'removed'.
You could simply make him a 'hidden' member. He would still be able to log in, view profiles and restricted pages, but nobody other than an admin would be able to see him - on the class list or view his profile.

He could still get notify emails (or not, depending on how he set his Notify Me options). And could still post a comment in someone else's profile, send a private message, or even post a message on the What's New page - but I suspect he would not do that if he wished to stay hidden.

Hidden members can't even see their own profile. But it will return intact if/when you again made him an active member or guest.

Edited 02/18/18 9:57 PM
Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 9:02 AM - Response #6

Good morning, have there been any updates on the site to deleting a member vs. making a member inactive? I prefer to keep the person's history on the site over the last ten years and I understand if I delete this person their history goes away. There are more than 900 pages of entries from the entire classes so trying to copy/paste is not really an option.

Any information would be helpful. The situation is toxic.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 10:53 AM - Response #7

As John states in Response #6 you can hide the profile by going to it in Edit Classmates and selecting No for Show On Class List. The profile and all history remains. If you no longer want the classmate to be able to log on change their password.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 11:46 AM - Response #8

Thank you - changing their password - so simple. Appreciate the help.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 11:54 AM - Response #9

Susanne, just changing the password sends a message to their email. All they have to do is click "forgot password" to get back on. The only way to disable (I think) is to Remove their email address.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 4:15 PM - Response #10

Remove their email address and make note of the email using the admin notes field.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.