ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

e-mail from site

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/01/12 05:19 AM Views: 1557 Replies: 3
Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Hi,
Maybe I should know this by now. Ok. I have a platinum account so I may set up a platinum e-mail address. I did that (barbara.ecker1@atangelahallacademy1963.com). How (under what category) do I e-mail a hotel, restaurant, etc. from the website? I can't do it under 'message center'. It only accepts classmates to classmates. I can't do it under 'e-mail the class' Itried to put the hotel name under the recipients on 'my mailing lists'. That didn't work. What am I missing?
Barbara

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM - Response #1

If you are using the Platinum system mailbox (and not just the forwarding address feature) then you can send that email directly from whatever email program you use to retrieve your email from your Platinum mailbox, just the same way you would send an email from any other email account. Your class website would not be involved in the process at all.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Eric. I think I know what happened, but I don't know how to rectify it.
When I clicked on "set up platinum e-mail configuration", I saw al these ways of setting it up through outlook express. Well, my main e-mail address is through Internet Explorer on yahoo.com.
Sooo....I just ignored that step since I found out I'm on pop-3 and not stmp or smtp (the other one).
How do I rectify this? Must I create an e-mail thru Outlook Express?
BarbaraSad

Edited 09/04/12 11:16 PM
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM - Response #3

First, SMTP is the protocol by which email is sent from the originating SERVER to the receiving server. POP3 and IMAP are two protocols for connecting from YOUR computer to the SERVER.

You (your computer) - - > POP3 or IMAP - - > Your email server - - > SMTP - - > Internet - - > Recipient SERVER - - > POP3 or IMAP - - >Addressee (his or her computer)

Your Platinum Mailbox can be available through yahoo.com by adding your Platinum email account to your yahoo mail. The server would be, for example, mail.stangelahallacademy1963.com and the port would be 587.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.