ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Going Live....password protection

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/07/10 06:46 PM Views: 1186 Replies: 3
Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I am going live in a few days and am concerned about password protecting the classmate profiles page.

The site said it did not recommend password protecting the classmates page but if you don't won't anyone be able to search through the profiles?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!!

Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM - Response #1

Each classmate has the option of LOCKING their profile or keeping it open to the public.

What I do is every time a new classmate joins, I edit their profile and turn on the allow only classmates to view my profile (found on DETAILS of the Edit Classmate page). Then if they really want it open to the public, they can edit their profile and change it so it is open to the public.

The Classmate Profile page needs to be open to the public so that a classmate can click on their profile to join the site.

When you are logged out of the system, you can click on the Classmate Profiles page and see the LOCK icon next to all of the classmates who have their information private.

Melanie, on your site, two classmates are LOCKED and two are not locked.

Edited 01/07/10 7:36 PM
Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM - Response #2

No, because each Classmate alraedy has the option of making his or her Profile restricted to only members of the site. Many don't though, and some toggle it on and off as needed. For instance, somebody uploads a bunch of new photos and wants to share their new Profile page with family, friends, colleagues etc. So they temporarily open up the Profile so they can show it to a non member. And then after the non member has seen it, the member password protectes it again. No Profile information will be seen by the public until such time that the Classmate him or herself has had the opportunity to select whether or not their Profile should be restricted or open.

Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the prompt responses Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.