ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

List Occupations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/30/09 08:17 AM Views: 1331 Replies: 8
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Is there a way to list occupations like you do the cities so if one of us is say looking for a lawyer, dentist, jeweler etc. we might want to use one of our classmates. Any hints???

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM - Response #1

Short of looking at a Classmate's occupation on his or her Profile, which will usually be there unless this default question has been deactivated by an Administrator, no, there is currently no way to display any type of occupational summary page. Although I've made a note here to discuss this possible feature after the current items we're working on are complete.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM - Response #2

Is it possible to make a table that can do this?

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 5:22 PM - Response #3

Not an automated way, no. Somebody would need to manually create the page.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM - Response #4

It would be nice if the Occupations auto-scrolled (I'm making that up) or something so that you don't see the same people every time you look at that thing.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM - Response #5

Not sure how that would work. I understand the concept, but not the execution of the idea. I'll forward to others for their thoughts.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 11:56 AM - Response #6

Sort by...?

The Occupations option is obviously pulled from the class data the same as Where We Live and Birthdays. Though I am not sure I like what I am about to write... if there was one option offering a SORT BY might it incorporate all three? One could search for occupations by state - possibly.

That was the first thought that came to me. I have no idea if it would work. Just my brain thinking again. Laughing

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM - Response #7

How about a really generic search where you can type in anything just like this forum's search feature? If it was coded "smart" then you could and/or it too.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM - Response #8

I made a page of Classmate Businesses on our site.
Huey Lewis 'Workin' for a Living' is the music

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.