ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

What is wrong here?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/13/10 07:16 AM Views: 1355 Replies: 6
Monday, September 13, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Would one of you guys take a look at my home page and tell me why my info is at the top which is what I want, but the announcements are at the bottom. I have put something in there telling folks to scroll down to see them but there must be a better way to move them up! I am definitely missing something and it's probably very small!

Denise

Monday, September 13, 2010 at 8:09 AM - Response #1

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=1F5332D7-D664-AB9D-BDC56D5D7CEDDBA4

The maximum image size is 390 if you use bullets in announcements.

Monday, September 13, 2010 at 8:36 AM - Response #2

OK that worked and I reduced to 350 W which is good. Can you tell me why there is so much space between the end of my "introduction" and the beginning of the first announcement. It looks like "white space" in a publication. I know this must be really simple. The announcements themselves look as I would have them look.

Thanks, Denise

Monday, September 13, 2010 at 8:54 AM - Response #3

Well, that was strange, the vertical spacing BEFORE the first announcement was caused by paragraph breaks IN THE SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT.

Monday, September 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM - Response #4

So did I do something wrong and if so what? Both of these are dated announcements and will be removed eventually but we certainly hope for new ones! You will also notice that I have a "What's New" Link. That is for a little bit more information and I am training my registered users to check that regularly but the front page is more for the public. I will remember the size thing for the pictures.

Monday, September 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM - Response #5

I don't understand what was happening, sorry. There were some paragraph breaks (you pressed the ENTER key several times) at the end of the 2nd announcement. When I removed these, they disappeared from displaying in the top announcement.

Monday, September 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM - Response #6

Well, hmmmm. I guess I will have to keep my fingers off that "enter" key. As I said, these will be replaced with others, and hopefully other classmates will add them too.....as you can probably see, my site is mostly a "meat and potatoes" site. Nothing really fancy. This suits what our group desires for the time being but as we all know this is an evolution of sorts....

Thank you for your help.
Denise

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.