ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Posting Profile Comments Warning

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/24/09 05:20 PM Views: 1105 Replies: 4
Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I don't think classmates are aware that when posting comments under a fellow classmates profile, the comment will be public for all members to see. Can you provide a warning to the poster that their comment will be public?

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 8:44 PM - Response #1

Yea sure, we can do that. There's an area at the bottom for private comments of course, and then the area for public comments. In a somewhat "Facebookish" kind of way people can comment in groups under the Profile. But I can see somebody not understanding the comment is viewable by any Classmate. I'll go put in a statement there to that effect, thanks for raising the issue.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 9:45 PM - Response #2

Brad, I am wondering there is a comments box on some profiles and not others????? Bonita

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM - Response #3

Because each Classmate has the option of allowing, or not allowing, comments to be posted under their Profiles (see your Profile edit page). Just imagine what would happen if we mandated that all Profiles have a public comments section. Some people love it, and some people don't.

Edited 01/24/09 10:27 PM
Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM - Response #4

Ok, well, so, not the first time I asked a stupid questionEmbarassed I should have known!! Ya know, I never really took the time to look at member functions for my OWN profile!!! Jees...some administator, huh? Shame on me!! Thanks, Brad...your patience is appreciated...Bonita

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.