ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Subscription difficulty

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/04/11 07:24 AM Views: 1259 Replies: 9
Sunday, September 4, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Hi, guys and gals.

This may have been discussed elsewhere but there is so much on the Forums now that it's difficult to know where to look.

Most of my Classmates who subscribe to Profile update notification have a problem with not actually knowing what the update is when they check the Profile. Sometimes it can be just the addition of a comma or something similar that results in them receiving notification that a Profile's been updated and, search as they might,they can't always spot the change that someone has made to their Profile.

I can't personally think of an easy way round this but wondered whether it was something your people are looking at, as it seems a little pointless if you don't know what it is you're looking for on someone's Profile.

Thanks.

Edited 09/04/11 7:25 AM
Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 12:55 PM - Response #1

Hi,

This is something that has indeed been noticed before, and we are looking into how we might deal specifically with this concern in future upgrades to ClassCreator. Wish I had something more concrete to tell you, but there it is.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM - Response #2

I seem to remember a process that would involve highlighting in yellow (or another color) the exact changes made to a profile when that notice is sent out to those who subscribed to it. Or was that a dream?Question

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 3:59 PM - Response #3

That was talked about, but wasn't implemented yet.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 4:07 PM - Response #4

See this thread for more information:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....22F-F6B85E734C5B1017

As Brad said, "The bad news is none of this will happen until after completion of a major ongoing system restructure that involves new designs, flyout and dropdown menu abilities, ability to rename all links including default links, ability to sort all links, ability to create unlimited site pages and more. It's a major undertaking that will take a couple more months to complete so most significant requested updates are in the queue for after that. "

That major ongoing system restructure still hasn't been released.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 4:39 PM - Response #5

Every time I make a change to my profile I make a note of what it was. You can take a look at my profile if you wish to see how I implement that.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM - Response #6

I added a question near the top of the profile questions page, "Updates I have posted". Most of our classmates don't remember to fill it in, but the option is available to post the date and change they made, if they want to.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 5:06 PM - Response #7

Ruth,

That's a great idea.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM - Response #8

Thank you for the privilege of looking at your profile. I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures -- and the music!
Awesome.

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM - Response #9

Thank you Ruth and F C. They're both neat and simple ideas and I'm going to implement one of them until CC come up with something else - if indeed they can!

Many thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.