ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How to Edit the Home Page Info & User Forums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/22/09 01:09 PM Views: 1588 Replies: 8
Monday, June 22, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Hello,
I just created my website and I cannot edit the home page information. Please how do I do that? Thanks.

Also, how do I activate the user forums so we can use it as a discussion board type of thing? Thanks

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM - Response #1

There are two areas to edit the home page.

The white part of the home page is the home page text under Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit button.

The User Forums can be turned on under Edit Site Pages as well.

The second area of the home page is the Announcements - announcements appear in a grey box on the home page. They can be edited by going to Member Functions (the second grouping of links on the left hand side) and choosing the Post Announcements link.

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM - Response #2

Ooo, thank very much

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 5:26 PM - Response #3

the user forum is not working when i try to edit it. It tells me that 'internet explorer cannot find the page' Please, how do i add this, and also a real time chat thing, because the Add On one is not working. thanks

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 1:02 AM - Response #4

Regarding your forums, my assumption is something got switched at the registrar level. If that doesn't make sense to you don't worry about it, I'll have a programmer look into this tomorrow.

Can you tell me where you're going wrong with Add On Chat?

Edited 06/23/09 2:16 AM
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 2:15 AM - Response #5

With the add on chat, when i try to embed onto the page, i keep getting error messages telling me that the java script thing is not working, so i can't put it on the page.

That is the main problem apart from the User Forum chats

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 2:17 AM - Response #6

Make sure that you have the latest version of Java installed: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 2:18 AM - Response #7

Also, try pasting the code on a Customizable Links page all by itself, with nothing else on the page. Does it work there?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 3:09 PM - Response #8

Ok i wil try. Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.