ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Handling Long Missing Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/20/23 03:33 PM Views: 99 Replies: 3
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 3:33 PM

We've been on your site for over ten years. We actively track and search for classmates using every available tool or idea we can think of and have been doing so since 1995. We had 780 people in our class, of which 270 have never been found, signed onto the site, and have no known associates amongst our "Found" people. After 50 years, I suspect they don't want to be found or have any interest in our site. We also have folks who have been on our site and to reunions but no longer respond to our emails or sign on. And then we have people whose emails bounced. I'd like to retain the "unfindable" classmates but NOT have them on the missing list per se. I could make a web page for them. I would like to highlight the actual "missing" who might want to be found folks and hide the really lost folks (but not delete them). Any suggestions?

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 3:44 PM - Response #1

When you go to Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Missing Classmates > Edit Page, you are given four options for how to list missing classmates, i.e. four criteria you may use to build your list. If none of these options work for your situation, you must resort to something creative, i.e. a custom page, as you discuss.

Edited 09/20/23 3:44 PM
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:16 PM - Response #2

HI Carol,

It looks like you already found the Missing Classmates "override" checkbox on the Details page under Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates.

That will remove them from the Missing page and then as you mentioned you could add them to another custom page if you wish:

Here is the wording from the Missing Classmate Override area of the details page:

Classmates appear on your Missing Classmates page based on the criteria you have set. If this Classmate meets your criteria and you need to remove their name from your Missing Classmates page anyway, check this box.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:39 PM - Response #3

Hi Jessica,

I did find it and was coming back here to modify my post.

Thanks for being so responsive!

Carol

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.