ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Link to open on separate page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/12/11 04:00 PM Views: 1392 Replies: 9
Monday, December 12, 2011 at 4:00 PM

It used to be that when we inserted a link in an editing page there was an option to make the link open in a separate web page instead of opening on the same page as the open school web site -- and then having to use the back button to get back to the school page. I think it was called 'target' or something like that. I don't see that in the new editor. Is it gone or am I just missing something?

Jim

Edited 12/12/11 4:02 PM
Monday, December 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM - Response #1

Jim,

You are right. Since the editor is new, there might be a few bugs and it looks like you found one.

I am having the programmer take a look at it.

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 7:10 PM - Response #2

I also noticed that the target tab is no longer available in the new editor (or at least I haven't been able to find it), and am glad that a programmer will be looking into this. In the absence of the option in the editor, I've been creating the target properties by editing the HTML...not hard, but it's much easier to be able to use the editor to select a target of "open in new window," or "open as pop-up," etc. Thanks for looking into this! SmileSmile

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM - Response #3

How do you edit the HTML to open the page in a separate window? I don't know HTML language but if it's not too hard I can probably do it.

Jim

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 8:43 AM - Response #4

All you need to do is add the

target="_blank"

to your HTML link you are trying to create. Make sure there is a space before the word target. make sure your target is between the < and > of the opening anchor "a" tag. It doesn't matter where you place the target code - it can be before the href attribute or after it.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM - Response #5

Thanks, Kyle. That works!

It also seems like previously when I clicked edit link that the link was still there. Now it is blank. Is this something new? I just had to go into the source code to change it but would probably been easier if the edit link still showed the link that is currently there.

Jim

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 3:41 PM - Response #6

Jim,

The "Target" Tab has been added, but in order for you to see it, you need to clear your browser's cache.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM - Response #7

Jim,

The URL now shows up if you are editing the URL. Thanks for reporting it.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM - Response #8

Kyle,

I just noticed that the links editor has been revised already. Thanks to the CC programmers for restoring (1) the target tab in the link editor and (2) the ability to see information about an existing link. Very speedy fix! Thanks!LaughingLaughingLaughing

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM - Response #9

Thanks, works great!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.