ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

pix too large

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/15/09 12:46 AM Views: 1358 Replies: 1
Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Hi there, I am currently adding a new page on our class website, it is called Classmates Fun! Anyways, I was uploading the pix from todays committee meeting and they are all turning out gigantic. I put them as 100 percent on the size when I upload, isn't that the normal size I would want. Yet they still come up huge on the page. What am I doing wrong?
thanks, Bonnie

Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #1

I fixed it while I was in there investigating, but here's how to fix this problem yourself next time:

You had two problems here. One is related to hard spaces, and the other is related to image sizes.

1) Never try to format your page with your space bar. Doing so will lead to disaster every time. Please read this whole thread, because it's important you know about this when you're editing your pages in the future.

2) Next, let me tell you exactly what happens when you upload oversized images to your web site. I.E. when you upload images that are too large to fit into the space you have available on your page. After uploading your images, when you first press your "Save" button to save your page, our system goes "uh oh, she's trying to put an image on her page that is too large and will blow out the site, we better resize this." So our system automatically shrinks your image down to the maximum size it can be without blowing out your site. In other words, your image will go from the left margin to the right margin and fill the page. In some cases people like this, especially for things like yearbook page scans that need to be large. But in other cases, the photos look overwhelming on the page, which is still the case on your page. The best way to address this is to upload images that are the size you want them in the first place. You can resize your image down to about 450 pixels in any image software or digital camera software. If you don't have anything to resize images, check out Irfanview it www.irfanview.com. It's free.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.