ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Search feature for multi years

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/03/09 04:08 PM Views: 1583 Replies: 12
Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Hi CC Team,

I have a multi year site that covers 40 years, 57 different classes and contains 6,600 names. Occasionally I get a request from an alumni who wants to find an uncle, aunt, cousin, friend etc. that attended SMOP, but has no idea what year they attended.

Will a search feature be coming out someday that will allow a "site user" to find the correct year for old relatives and friends?

My remedy now is to find their name in the "In Memory" drop down list,(which is quite long with 6600 names on it), make them deceased which gives me their class year, then bring them back to life again.

In short: Are their plans to incorporate a search function for a large data base of names, like mine?

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM - Response #1

We have a multi site search feature nearly completed, in fact I think Rick will be implementing this shortly.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 5:53 PM - Response #2

The search feature went live yesterday on the classmate profiels page

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 2:16 AM - Response #3

We have a 3 year site and I see the new search entry box. After typing some letters, then what? Is there a "Search" button or do you just hit Enter?

I tried "Enter" after entering a few letters that *should* get a match one of the years, but nothing seems to happen. What am I missing?

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 8:42 AM - Response #4

great love the search, now how about having it on the MANAGE CLASSMATES LIST

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM - Response #5

DAWN WHIDDEN wrote:

great love the search, now how about having it on the MANAGE CLASSMATES LIST

coming soon!

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM - Response #6

Allen Mar wrote:

We have a 3 year site and I see the new search entry box. After typing some letters, then what? Is there a "Search" button or do you just hit Enter?

I tried "Enter" after entering a few letters that *should* get a match one of the years, but nothing seems to happen. What am I missing?

It should just automatically show the results once you've typed in 2 letters or more. But on your site for some reason, it's not. I will investigate.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM - Response #7

Allen Mar wrote:

Okay, this is a bug - it's not working with non-domain web sites... ie, since you're using www.classcreator.com/your-school-and-year, that's why it's not working.

I tried to fix it but haven't had any luck yet so it may take a day or so.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM - Response #8

We plan to get a personalised domain name (after we organize properly and get access to the reunion bank account Smile) so it won't be an issue. In the meantime, I guess this affect all non-domain name multi-year groups.

Anticipating your bug-fix Smile

Thanks.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM - Response #9

Hi just checking if there's been any progress on fixing the "bug" with multi-year non-domain sites w.r.t. the search feature?

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM - Response #10

Unfortunately it's much more difficult to resolve than I'd thought, and it may not get done any time soon.

It does work very well for sites with domains though.

You can find more information about getting a domain for your class site in the F.A.Q.:

Domain F.A.Q.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 8:16 PM - Response #11

Allen Mar wrote:

Hi just checking if there's been any progress on fixing the "bug" with multi-year non-domain sites w.r.t. the search feature?

Allen, you'll be pleased to know (if you haven't figured it out already) that we've resolved this issue.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 4:42 AM - Response #12

Yes! It's working, great work in resolving it.

Thanks, Allen.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.