ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify Me

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/29/12 10:09 AM Views: 1160 Replies: 10
Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Is there any way to set system so that the default "Notify Me" has all members selected and send once a week? That way everyone will have to manually change.

Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM - Response #1

No, that is currently not an option. "Once a Week" isn't even an option for the Notify Me feature, so the Notify Me feature would need to be modified if this were to be implemented. "Once a Week" would usually be too late for birthday greetings.

Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM - Response #2

For new classmates joining the site, is "Once Daily" currently the default for the Notify Me options?

Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM - Response #3

Rhonda,

I think it has been changed for SOME of the options, but not all of the options. It has been talked about, but not implemented yet.

Notify Me will be looked at again after the new design changes are in place.

Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM - Response #4

New design changes? When next year?

Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM - Response #5

See this thread:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....25F-3C04DA7810114DDA

Brad specifically says :
"
I am so very excited about 2013. So many features many of you have been asking for have been a long time in the making... But they are nearly here now and we will be rolling them out shortly after New Year's. I've been "playing around" with these new features in our development area and it's simply a whole new world upcoming for Class Creator. New Facebook app so Facebook users can easily walk into your class site and join and participate, new social profile pages, brand new designs, enhanced editable designs, link sorting and management system, new flyout menus, and more all on the way. Each new feature you will be able to take advantage of, or not, based on how you wish to use your site. It's going to be such an exciting year I can hardly wait to dive in. Happy Holidays to you all and watch your inboxes! It's about to get interesting.
"

Monday, December 31, 2012 at 11:33 AM - Response #6

Great! I am looking forward to CC in '13!

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM - Response #7

Do members (new and old) have to go to Notify Me, choose, and save before they receive anything from CC?

The only reason I ask is that when we were having trouble recently with many email bouncebacks, I created a test person, but never saved anything in Notify Me. After we fixed the recent email problem, I added some things to the site and requested "notify class." My test person never received a notification. That made me wonder about others, which would explain the low response to some things. I asked a few and they said they hadn't received anything from the website in ages. I then saved notify me preferences for my test person and he started getting notification.

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM - Response #8
2013-01-21_Notify_Me_Defaults.png

See the attached image for the Notify Me default settings for new classmates.

Edited 01/21/13 2:30 PM
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM - Response #9

For some reason they didn't work until I went to notify me and clicked save.

As for my co-admin, who really only does reunion planning not website work, he hadn't received anything from the site for ages and had never gone to "notify me" until I asked him to.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM - Response #10

There is no "Save" in Notify Me because changes are implemented immediately. To what are you referring?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.