ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Movie Upload

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/09/15 07:11 PM Views: 957 Replies: 2
Monday, March 9, 2015 at 7:11 PM

I've tried several times today uploading a video from my private files, but cannot get the Class Creator video upload to get it done. The video is a .mov video about 651 MB. The upload gets to 21% and then stops. I tried uploading it to my Facebook page and had no problem. Any suggestions?

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 8:59 AM - Response #1

the best way to do this is to upload it to YouTube, make it a private video, then share the link on your website.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 1:43 PM - Response #2

The preferred setting for CC sites is "unlisted". One has to know the URL to view, so for all practical purposes it is private since a search won't show the video. You can read below why "private" would not work for a CC site.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177?hl=en

Quote:

Making a video unlisted means that anyone who has the link to the video can view it. Your unlisted videos won’t appear to others who visit the Videos tab of your channel page and shouldn't show up in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.

To share an unlisted video, just share the link with the people who you’d like to have access to it, and they’ll be able to see it. Unlike private videos, the people you share the video with do not need a Google account to see the video. Anyone with the link can also re-share it in a number of ways, such as simply forwarding the link. If you don't want to allow others to re-share your video, make it Private.

Your YouTube account needs to be in good standing to be able to create unlisted videos.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.