ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/01/13 09:09 AM Views: 1237 Replies: 12
Monday, July 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I am not sure if there is a problem but I noticed that some pictures are not appearing.

Here is an a sample. There are others too.

http://www.bensalemowls.org/uploads/005275_00789572_Paul_Michelfelder.jpg

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM - Response #1

what page are you seeing this? Did you upload it to the File Vault? Paul Michelfelder doesn't have a yearbook photo. Pasting http://www.bensalemowls.org/uploads/005275_00789572_Paul_Michelfelder.jpg into the browser address window doesn't show a photo, so it seems like you have the wrong URL.

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM - Response #2

Kyle,

If you look edit under "in memory" you will see a box that has that address. I guess this is the file fault. I am not sure about that. There are a few others that the same thing is happening. Let me know.

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM - Response #3

Please be more specific. I am not understanding where you are saying to look.
Edit Site Pages
Edit IN MEMORY page? I don't see any boxes.

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM - Response #4

Sorry, I get a little quick to respond.

1. Edit site page
2. In Memory
3. Edit site page
4. 1976
5. Paul Michelfelder
6. Edit

There is a box there the properties are the URL http://www.bensalemowls.org/uploads/005275_00789572_Paul_Michelfelder.jpg

Let me know.

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM - Response #5

From what I can see, that image does not exist in the File Vault. Not sure how, but it is gone.

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM - Response #6

Bad news for me. I do not have copies. Let me know what you find out.

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM - Response #7

So far it looks like 1976 is the only year with this problem. I have not checked all.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM - Response #8

Major problem it now goes to 1978 too. Debra Bohns. This could be 100's! Please let me know if you can find the problem. I am not sure how I am going to be able to check all. I do have a back up of this one.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM - Response #9

Worse. Pictures are missing from all over the place. Like Robert Brandley '75
Any word on this?

Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM - Response #10

This brings up a point. CC provides us with backups for pages. When it comes to photos, I have a free Dropbox account. When I began working on a slide show of over 200 photos, I knew I had best not take a chance.

Hoping you downloaded the photos and forgot about it, Ray.

P.S. Photos download into a zip folder. There is no reason to extract and open it unless you are looking for something.

Edited 07/27/13 5:23 PM
Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM - Response #11

There is a small reason to extract it from zip, zips can get corrupted and then ...

So I suggest redundancy for backups ... unzipped and zipped. And if one is really on top of things, also put them on a removable media. DVDs hold quite a bit but newer even more.

Today USB flash drives are really getting inexpensive. I bought 32GB one for $16 a little bit ago at Fry's. Even Costco has them for $20 and a 64GB and 128GB for $28 and $55.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM - Response #12

Thanks for giving us another topic for TAP - The Administrator's Place, Jack. We would be happy Smile to have you join us in chat where we discuss topics much as we have been doing in this thread but there are more than two or three of us exchanging ideas and info in real time.

I hope you will join us on TAP. Our chats are Wednesday evenings but if the time or evenings are not best for you, I'd be happy to plan a chat another day or time of day... just use the 'Contact Us' on TAP to let me knowExclamation

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.