ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Add a statement during signup

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/05/08 06:49 AM Views: 1238 Replies: 2
Friday, December 5, 2008 at 6:49 AM

Can a line be added to the signup process just before the 3 check boxes.

"Please read the following choices carefully."

Some people are questioning the process and I have to tell them if they check the right box, google will not be able to find any information about them because they will be listed behind a password protected part of the site.

Friday, December 5, 2008 at 10:13 AM - Response #1

I took the liberty, of being the administrator, and made sure those boxes were checked so they would be protected from the onset. I've not heard any complaints about doing that. I felt that since I opened the site and did the inviting, that I should do what I could do to protect them. They always have the choice to change. If I see my check marks removed, then I contact them to verify they removed and verify that's what they wanted to do. (then keep the response in a folder in my email in case a future reference was needed)
(in my case, I was finding they were not scrolling past the video box/comments area--where some were typing "no" in the comment box that I'd have to later remove)

Edited 12/05/08 10:15 AM
Friday, December 5, 2008 at 8:37 PM - Response #2

Barney Ball wrote:

Can a line be added to the signup process just before the 3 check boxes.

"Please read the following choices carefully."

Some people are questioning the process and I have to tell them if they check the right box, google will not be able to find any information about them because they will be listed behind a password protected part of the site.

Not really, because the signup screen and the edit screen share the same funtionality (it's an "include file" in programming speak).

Having said that though, you'll soon be able to alter the default message Classamtes receive upon signup. I suggest you alter this message to remind your Classmates about the privacy options that are built into your site. Until that's ready, you might consider mailing this information to each new Classmate yourself.

Edited 12/05/08 8:38 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.