ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

CC Member List

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/23/11 12:17 PM Views: 1554 Replies: 11
Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Just wondering if there will be a way to select from the members list a particular state, in my case Michigan and all would list or continue in the alpha order but be able to have an A - Z selection button? Or both? Am thinking of family sites that wouldn't necessarily be geared to a specific state but family name. With thousands of sites now, it would be helpful to have the ability to check them out easier.

P.S. What about lumping the different catagories? I.E. schools, military, families, etc.?

Edited 01/23/11 12:29 PM
Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM - Response #1

Very good idea. Adding to Task List. Many Admins like to meet each other in real life and this would certainly help. Later this year we'll start separating Creator products into unique systems, so the lumping suggestion won't apply directly to the forums but will be possible ultimately.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 7:48 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad.

The lumping was an afterthought, am thinking of starting a family site and would like to see what other families do but the thought of going through ten or eleven thousand members to find a few is daunting.

Would the class reunion sites be able to check out the other sites when you split them off?

What about a "fine" sort by class year or era?

Mary

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM - Response #3

Yes, all forums will be accessible to all, and the sites will be visible baring any password protected pages, of course.

In addition to adding a sort on State I think a year field would be helpful too. Excellent idea.

Edited 01/23/11 11:30 PM
Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 11:23 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yes, an forums will be accessible to all, and the sites will be visible baring any password protected pages, of course.

In addition to adding a sort on State I think a year field would be helpful too. Excellent idea.

Year and state would be great...especially for the multi-year sites like mine!!!!

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM - Response #5

Good! It is just amazing how ClassCreator has grown in the two years I've been a member. Keep up the great work.

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM - Response #6

Would it be possible to also create a way of selecting classmates by State in the "Email the Class" page?

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 2:28 PM - Response #7

Vicki - I have added this as a task for the programmer. I can't give you an ETA, however it is now assigned. Thanks

Monday, May 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM - Response #8

Has anything happened with the sort by sites by state, year, etc. yet?

Mary

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM - Response #9

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you be more specific?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM - Response #10

This is from Brad regarding the original request:

RE: CC Member List
Posted Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM

"Yes, all forums will be accessible to all, and the sites will be visible baring any password protected pages, of course.

In addition to adding a sort on State I think a year field would be helpful too. Excellent idea."

What I mean is we would like options to "fine" sort the member list, instead of trying to go through thousands of listings of schools, associations, family groups, etc.

For example by state, so if we in Michigan would like to contact other Administrators in our area we could go to the Forum's Main Page, click a button or pull down list to have all the CC schools in our state listed with the contact information. Same for associations, family groups, etc.

Was wondering if this is still on the back burner or what.

Thanks,

Mary

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM - Response #11

Will talk with Programming about this.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.