ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Warning to classmates using the same email address and password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/24/18 02:06 PM Views: 490 Replies: 3
Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 2:06 PM

I know that classmates that share, use the same email address must register with different passwords. Does the system check when they register that there is already a classmate registered with that email and password and warn the person trying to register?

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 5:54 PM - Response #1

Hi Ron,

No the system does not notify you that the email address is already in use. Couples who share email addresses will likely already know if the other has registered on the system as they may already be seeing site emails directed to their partner.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 5:44 PM - Response #2

I understand what you say and the message I send out warns them they can share an email address but must have separate passwords. However if the system allows the duplicate then it messes things up so why not present a error message during the registration process. We’re old and couples may register at different times and accidentally choose identical passwords. Sure they may talk and both see the mail in their inbox but your assuming they talk to each other and tell what password was already used. A big assumption. Why not have the system validate during registration that the email address and password is't already in use and present a error message if it's already in use?
Ron

Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 6:34 PM - Response #3

I don't believe it allows them to save the same exact combination on the same site. I thought you meant warning them about the email address only already in use. If both match it will recognize it as an existing login.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.