ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate stalking classmate...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/29/09 12:39 PM Views: 1405 Replies: 4
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I have TWO different guys (classmates) who are harassing two female classmates using our FortHunt81 website. They are all class members.

I want to know if there is any way for one person on the site to "lock out" another classmate from looking at their profile or sending them messages in on their profile page. I don't want to have to kick anyone out, but this is not a good situation.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM - Response #1

There is currently no Classmate blocking Classmate feature. I suggest you email the individuals and politely ask them to stop. If they keep doing it you may have to threaten banning their membership. It's your site and you can control it how you see fit.

I can tell you from past experience that blocking somebody from one thing usually antagonizes them into doing something else. For instance block the Classmtae's Profile and they'll post in the forums. Or on the bottom of a different Classmate's page. Or start emailing other Class members. Yes I know it's ridiculous, but we've seen this plenty of times. The best approach is the polite and gentle approach. If that doesn't work a full ban on the account is probably better than blocking one thing but allowing everything else. That's our experience from the past anyway when it comes to these types of internal conflicts.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM - Response #2

Thank you very much, Brad. I understand how it could escalate that way.

I'll "talk" to them first and see how that works out. I want to nip this in the bud early.

Robin

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 4:01 PM - Response #3

I had a situation where a classmate was posting disturbing pics and vids on his profile and emailing disturbing emails to certain classmates and causing a problem with folks to a point that they were planning on skipping the reunion if he attended. I simply warned him in a very polite way that this will not be tolerated and as Brad mentioned, told him that if he doesn't stop then he will be locked out from the entire site.

He apologized and I have had no further problems with him. It has been a year. So do it with kindness, be a classmate and friend and it will stop.

Neal
Allentown High Class of 1984

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM - Response #4

Thank you too, Neal. I plan to try the nice approach first.

Robin

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.