ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Text Boxes

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/16/08 01:14 PM Views: 1343 Replies: 2
Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Is there a way to do text boxes on my pages? I tried copying from Word, but the box disappears. It does create a cell and I can edit the cell properties, but it gives me a grey box and I would like it to be a different color. I'm talking about the box on my 10 year reunion page, if you need to see it to know what I'm talking about.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM - Response #1

Hi Leanne,
You really have several options. But none are as easy as changing the color of your frame.

You can right click on your cell and choose "Cell"
Then "Cell Properties" Go to "Background Properties" and click on "Select" and choose the background color you would like to use. Once back in the visual editor, you can change the text color if you want to as well. It says in the "Cell Properties" that you can change the "Border Color", but I have never been able to get that to work.

That is probably your easiest choice. If you really are set on a colored border, you could make your message in a photo editing program...like Paint...(the easiest one I know) and then save it as a JPEG. Then insert it on your page as a Clip Art.

Hope this helps,
Anita

PS...I LOVE your School Colors!

Edited 10/16/08 2:16 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 3:07 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Anita. Good ol' burgundy and white.Wink

Thanks soooo much for the tips!!! I think I am going to do something in paint because the cell I just did on our homepage is out of whack.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.