ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deleting Pages of message forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/10/09 06:55 PM Views: 1214 Replies: 5
Monday, August 10, 2009 at 6:55 PM

How, as an administrator can I delete, masses of pages of message forum? On our Brazosport 68 web site which I admin for also we have 500 plus pages and we want to delete a bulk of them.

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 7:27 PM - Response #1

Deleting messages in the message forum can be done in 2 ways:

1) You can individually delete each response within a thread if you want to, leaving only the responses you desire, or;

2) You can delete entire message threads, which will also remove every response contained within a thread.

I'm not sure if you're trying to delete a large number of actual threads or not, but if so there is no mass thread deleter. You need to delete each specific thread that you no longer want active on your site.

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM - Response #2

Oh, you can also delete who forums if you want to. If you want to do that then you wouldn't need to delete the specific threads within the forum. You could just zap entire forums and everything within them, both threads and messages, will be deleted.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM - Response #3

Your text to link here...http://www.stephenfaustin-59.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=1898690
The above classmate tried to delete her messages and she was given the message that you cannot delete unanswered threads and now she can't do anything. She even shut down her computer 3 times and it just comes back to the message page. It is tying up her computer. I don't know how to help her. Would appreciate any advice.
Esther

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM - Response #4

Esther,

Is she still having the problem? I was able to login to your website as her and didn't see the problem. If she still has the problem, have her try a different browser and see if she still has the problem. (what browser was she using?)

Next time, tell her to read the messages before she tries to delete them.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 12:20 AM - Response #5

She lives in the country and they don't have very good service there so we thought that could be the problem. It may have been a combination of that plus I had a flashing birthday in the part of our website on the right. I noticed when typing an announcement, that the typing was really slow, so the flashing birthday and the poor reception may have caused the problem. The problem did go away so we are thankful for that. Thanks for your help.
Esther

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.