ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Vanished images in firefox

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/25/10 02:03 PM Views: 1805 Replies: 8
Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Hi Brad, Kyle and any other "miracle workers",
While trying to copy-n-paste something from our home page, not in edit mode, but just as an observer,all of the images/photos from our site "disappeared", no red x's, just one big no-show! I was using Firefox at the time. Perhaps i accidently right clicked on something that caused said disappearance?! They appear on another computer, and in Internet Explorer on the same old computer, but this remains a mystery, as well as it's possible resolution.
My editing skills have never been very good, but i hope to rectify this "mistake" and perhaps lend insight to those who have viewed our site and not seen the images...I've updated Firefox, but no change noted. Any insights would be most appreciated. My family thinks i'm crazy! Perhaps that's true, but still no images!
Thanks in advance for any insights and help!
justme
kris

Edited 02/25/10 3:15 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 10:53 PM - Response #1

Sorry Kris! I think I'm going to have to side with your family on this one. You've completley gone off the deep end. Wink

Seriously though, I see all of your images just fine. You've clearly done something in your own version of Firefox or on your own local computer to somehow turn off or disable the display of images. I'd go through all of your Firefox Preferences and see if you can find out what got disabled. Most likely you'll find it if you look long enough -- in the worst case scenario you might have to call Geek Squad or somebody like that. The only thing I can tell you is that everythign is fine technically.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad!
It's always good to get a second opinion when seeking a diagnosis! I've probably wrecked the old computer somehow, and will prove da family right! I've been known to be "an accident waiting for a place to happen!" Thanks for checking. As always, you are the BEST and we all appreciate you and your hard working crew!
kris
P.s. How's your Dad doing? Hope you all get some sunshine and warm spring breezes soon! Take care and our very best to you and yours! Still praying for ya all! Miracles take a little longer!

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:37 PM - Response #3

You know what, with a 5% chance of survival, my dad miraculously survived all of this, 2 open heart surgeries, 5 months of hospitalization, and is now in rehab at an amazing facility in Chicago. In fact I'm going to travel there Sunday to pick him up and bring him back to stay with me for awhile, then he's moving to Colorado Springs to live with my sister for a few months while he continues his rehab and recovery. Through unprecedented support, including people here who offered their support and prayors, started prayor groups for somebody they don't even know, etc., I really do believe in miracles. My Dad is now looking forward to some quality years still ahead of him.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM - Response #4

Kris,

On the right-click button on Firefox, there is a "Block images from classcreator.com..." (it changes depending upon which website you currently are on).

You probably clicked that by mistake. If you do, then a pop-down bar says "blocked images from classcreator.com.... [UNDO]" and if you click the UNDO button, they get restored.

I think it is meant to disable advertisements that always come from a specific site.

Here is a link you can visit to find out about this feature and UNDO what you have done...

http://learnfirefox.cybernetnews.com/2007/07/14/blocking-images/

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 12:26 AM - Response #5

Brad,
That's wonderful news! Have a most wonderful weekend and may your time together be especially blessed! What a Gift!
Thanks for being there for your Dad! Thanks for the update!

Kyle,
Thanks so much! That did the trick and i learned a lot! The "learning" never ends with you guys and I especially appreciate Brad and you teaching us and your patience with us "older students"! My husband also thanks you...he was certain that the computer was on it's last leg and I administered the fatal blow...!You guys are the BEST!
Thanks again!
The learning continues every day...!
Thanks so much for the reminder of !!Very Happy

Edited 02/26/10 12:41 AM
Friday, February 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM - Response #6

Kyle just taught me that too. Thanks Kyle. Smile Smile

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM - Response #7

Hi Brad,

It's reassuring to know the people behind the technology. Thanks for sharing about your Dad. Something similar happened to my father, who miraculously outlived his peers . A priest friend advised us to look at his medical condition as "redemptive suffering" and to pray for many intentions
even for someone we didn't know, who needed prayers. Good luck with your Dad's recovery. He's on my prayer list.

Thelma

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM - Response #8

Hi Brad,

I've been thinking of your Dad lately so we all appreciate the UPDATE on him. I too believe in miracles! So glad your Dad is doing much better and will get to spend some quality time with you and your sister. Have you ever showed him the support he is getting on here? Also, does he realize what a talented son he has and how much we appreciate him? Very Happy

We appreciate Kyle, Jessica and all the other "hidden" talents you have in CC world!

P.S. The snow is finally melting in my neck of the woods and I can see grass again! YEAH!!!

God bless,
Dawn

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.