ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate profile page re-format

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/22/09 01:18 AM Views: 1604 Replies: 4
Monday, June 22, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Much more could be displayed "above the fold" if you went to a three-column format for both the icon explanation box and the classmate list itself. Scrolling through the classmate list would be sped up as well.

Thanks for the great site and all the help you provide.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 2:13 AM - Response #1

Thanks Mark.

We could save a little space on they key, granted. Can't move to a 3 column layout on the Class List just yet though. 38% of Internet Users are still using resolutions of 1024 x 768 or lower. Thus for these people, a 3 column format would cause them to have to scroll to the right as well as up and down, which we never want to do to people. When this stat drops low enough we'll start offering some wider design options. Until then we have to keep the site usable for all Classmates. Once 1024 x 768 starts dropping below 10% or so would be a good time. We'll keep an eye on it.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 7:41 PM - Response #2

Brad, Would it be possible to have the box with the keys show as 2 colums of 3 deep. It is confusing when the JOIN HERE process takes new members to a page that doesn't even show the first few entries on the list they need to scroll down on.

Thanks, Joan

Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM - Response #3

Joan,

Do you have your browser zoom level set to more than 100% or is your screen resolution set to a smaller resolution? That could be the problem you are seeing with your Classmate Profiles page. Most of the time if you have a large resolution screen, you will see more than one or two classmates in the list. Check your zoom of your browser by clicking on the top-menu, VIEW, then ZOOM and try decreasing the zoom and see if that helps.

FYI: In a future release, there will be more icons (custom icons that you can supply) for the key/legend. For example: "Cheerleader Squad", "Football Team", etc. You can create profile items and tie a icon to that profile question. Then when they click on the icon, it will filter and only show those classmates on the "Cheerleader Squad", etc. At least that is what I have heard is being planned.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM - Response #4

Kyle,
So my ZOOM is at 100%, my Display - Settings are 1280 by 720 Pixels, I have the Professional #5 Design, and with the Windows START bar on the bottom of the screen. When the Classmate Profile page opens the last line I see without scrolling down is Show by: [A-Z]. If I change the ZOOM level to 75% I see the first 6 lines of classmate names, but more than 40% of my screen is background. I would not expect many of my classmates (age 67) to be using their computers with that small a view.

I understand that the addition of more key/legend occurrences make my request a non starter. We will just have to talk people through the joining process if they contact us. Hopefully, those who do not ask for help will come to the reunion, where we plan to have a demonstration of the site running.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.