ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

None access for Safari user

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/21/16 01:20 PM Views: 1526 Replies: 5
Monday, March 21, 2016 at 1:20 PM

This is from one of my classmates. This issue just started for her. Can anyone comment on the issue? I would appreciate any assistance.
Thank you,
Paul Peters
1971 AHS Class

It says Safari can't open the page because it can't "establish a secure connection to the server www.classcreator.com"

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 1:35 PM - Response #1

Please find out what version of Safari she is using as well as her operating system. I suggest Chrome in the meantime as I know others who are having success with that browser.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM - Response #2

One of my classmates is also having this same problem. She said: "After I log in I get this: Safari can't establish a secure connection to www.classcreator.com," and she is not able to access our website as a logged on user. She is using a Mac on system 10.7.5 and Safari version 6.1.6. The problem just started in the last week or two.

Have you found a solution yet?

P. S. When I looked up this issue on Apple forums, I found this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204937 , which talks about configuring the server to be more secure. Does this help any?

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

Older versions of Safari contain some security holes that require the users to upgrade Safari (which sometimes involves the user upgrading their Mac OS) or changing their browser.

If they are able to upgrade to the latest Safari that will resolve the message they are seeing If not, they may want to look into using Firefox for Mac https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac

Users reporting this issue have also stated they are starting to see security warnings on sites like youtube.com as everyone is updating to the latest security guidelines.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the information, Jessica! I'll pass it on to my classmate. I was going to suggest Firefox to her anyway and you found a good link with pictures that looks like an easy tutorial of the download process that will help her and other classmates who aren't familiar with downloading browsers.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 6:11 PM - Response #5

Here's a link repeating what Jessica said - a Apple/Mac specific issue LINK

Scott or Kyle (I forget which one), correctly identified this as a PCI issue - or any site that is involved in money one way or the other. Since CC processes credit cards it had to upgrade their system to be in compliance.

You can read about it HERE

It might be a good idea to put a sticky topic or send out a system notice since this topic has now appeared at least four times Idea
Jessica wrote:

Users reporting this issue have also stated they are starting to see security warnings on sites like youtube.com as everyone is updating to the latest security guidelines.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.