ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Teacher Profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/21/09 10:09 PM Views: 1593 Replies: 7
Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Hey Brad,

I saw another class site had Teacher Profiles like we have Classmate Profile. Did you generate a new link to be able to do that and I missed it?

Yvette

Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM - Response #1

Along those same lines, Brad I've created two 'Guest Members', and yet they cannot see their profile listing in order to sign on...any ideas?
5 Days away from our 35th Reunion! Smile

Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM - Response #2

Yvette Allen wrote:

Hey Brad,

I saw another class site had Teacher Profiles like we have Classmate Profile. Did you generate a new link to be able to do that and I missed it?

Yvette

Teacher Profiles are only an option on mutli (alumni) sites. I could send you to a very long thread about this, but the bottom line is we can't have numerous single year class sites all from the same school asking their teachers to maintain numerous profiles. A teacher profile sharing solution for single year classes is something we'll have in the works later this year.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 11:38 PM - Response #3

CINDI MLADENKA wrote:

Along those same lines, Brad I've created two 'Guest Members', and yet they cannot see their profile listing in order to sign on...any ideas?
5 Days away from our 35th Reunion! Smile

At the bottom of your Classmate Profiles page, I don't see any Guest Member listed. Therefore you must have made those Guest Members non displaying. You need to go back into your Class List, edit those Guest Members, and set them to be Displaying Guests instead of Non Displaying Guests.

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 12:30 AM - Response #4

Got it, thanks!
CM

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 12:42 PM - Response #5

O.K. Brad, thank you! I'll just keep doing what I am doing.Smile

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM - Response #6

Wha if your class is the only one from your school? Why would'nt there be an option for Teacher profiles?

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM - Response #7

The goal with having teacher profiles on multi-year sites only is to allow for one location for the teachers to create a profile rather than having to create one for each individual year. The first time a school joins Class Creator they are the only year from that school, however, often times other class years see the site and join as well leaving two or more individual years with separate teacher profiles for the same teachers.

If you want to make your site the multi-year site for your school you can do that under Edit School/Logo and choose the multi-year option and then you can add teacher profiles to your site by going to Edit Site Pages and activating the page.

Edited 06/22/09 4:49 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.