ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Editing minor data entry errors

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/03/13 07:05 PM Views: 887 Replies: 8
Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Editing minor data entry errors under member functions and admin functions appears to work when you hit save but nothing is saved, I also cannot save any comments under admin functions.

Please straighten me out.

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM - Response #1

Lee, Let's look at exactly what you are doing that is not saving, okay? Smile

1) "Editing minor data entry errors under Member Functions..."
QUESTION: This reads as if you might be going into Edit Profile. If so, please try it again and tell me what you are editing, include when you save it and how you go back to check the corrections have been saved.
I wonder if you are saving and then using your back button to check on the save. I suggest you Save; click on Home Page and then click on your name in Who's Online Now to view your profile.

2) "...I also cannot save any comments under Admin Functions."
QUESTION: Where in admin functions are you trying to save something? Might that be in the Admin Forums?

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM - Response #2

Lee, if you are correcting some errors on classmate's profiles, you need to go to Manage Classmates, then Enter/Edit Classmates. I have corrected some spelling errors, etc.. I doubt if they even realize it..

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM - Response #3

You have to be in Manage Classmates to do it...It should save...I have no problem!!! Question

Lee Oswalt wrote:

Editing minor data entry errors under member functions and admin functions appears to work when you hit save but nothing is saved, I also cannot save any comments under admin functions.

Please straighten me out.

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM - Response #4

Gwen, The problem appears to be the save button. After making my changes I pushed start and the page noticeably moved up about an inch leading me to believe a save had been made. I retried exactly the same changes today and after that first partial page move I pushed the mouse button harder and the change was saved. I use a wireless mouse (new batteries) on a win 8 system but that should not make a difference.

The comments section is at the bottom of the Admin Functions/edit site pages/classmate profiles/edit page/classmate.

I will assume everything is now resolved by my pushing harder on my mouse button.

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM - Response #5

Hi Lee,
My first thought was "start"? I continued to read and wonder...
Are you trying to edit a classmate's profile?
If so, you do that under ADMIN FUNCTIONS > MANAGE CLASSMATES.

If you are trying to add an Admin comment on a classmate's profile, MANAGE CLASSMATES is where it is done.

And Lee, be kind to your mouse. Smile

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM - Response #6

Start should have been save. I don't disagree about "Manage Classmates" but it seems much more logical to use my method under edit site pages. There is a comment block at the bottom of each classmate profile. It can be very useful.

Either my method is just a duplicate way of doing something or there was an original distinction between the two methods. You can get the same result either way.

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM - Response #7

Manage Classmate takes you directly to the list of classmates vs. the extra step.
The Admin comment box is at the bottom of each classmate profile - either way you access the list.
Now that we are on the same page... I'd feed your mouse. Give it new batteries and then see if there is a difference in how he works. Smile

Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM - Response #8

Gwen Corey wrote:

I'd feed your mouse. Give it new batteries and then see if there is a difference in how he works. Smile
Her name is MinnieWink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.