ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Printing In Memory page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/14/15 03:23 PM Views: 1131 Replies: 9
Monday, September 14, 2015 at 3:23 PM

I've been trying to print out our In Memory page for our 55th class reunion. I want to read off the names of our departed classmates.
I tried highlighting the list of names and print, but, the preview showed hundreds of pages being loaded.. Don't want that.
What's the best way of just printing the list of departed classmates. It would be nice to have a PRINT option at bottom of the In Memory page.

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 3:32 PM - Response #1

Manage Classmates/Download Class List/ just check Deceased Classmates.

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM - Response #2

Great question with a speedy reply. I just tried it and downloaded our list. I chose the Excel format and was able to easily sort by year to present them in chronological order

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 5:13 PM - Response #3

Thankyou, I knew there had to be a way.

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 5:28 PM - Response #4

I printed out one copy, it's in alphabetically order.. I'd rather have chronological order.. I didn't see an option to sort by year.

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 5:32 PM - Response #5

Lynda,

Besides only downloading the NAME of the deceased classmates, you would also need to download the " Year Deceased " field (This field is not activated by default). Then when you have your spreadsheet, you would be able to sort by that column.

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM - Response #6

I clicked on year deceased, but, didn't use Excel, because I don't know much about it. So the only way to get the list in the order I want, I have to use Excel ?

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 6:31 PM - Response #7

There is no way to sort it until after it is downloaded, which usually means in a spreadsheet. It doesn't have to be Excel, it can be any spreadsheet (there are some free ones that can import the downloaded file)

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM - Response #8

Is there a way to blend in the main Photo (which is downloadable as *.jpg) with the In Memory list (which is downloadable *.excel), so we get a list with their pics.

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 7:58 PM - Response #9
Deceased.pdf

Jim Widner wrote:

Is there a way to blend in the main Photo (which is downloadable as *.jpg) with the In Memory list (which is downloadable *.excel), so we get a list with their pics.

Might be but I quickly took screen shots of the In Memory page with Snipping Tool (any screen shot tool that saves as a jpg will work) and then assembled the jpg files into a pdf document at this site.

Result of this quick, "proof of principle" exercise is attached.

Edited 09/14/15 7:59 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.