ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/04/08 08:29 PM Views: 1269 Replies: 6
Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Is it safe to say that the survey pages will have memory issues with pictures? I used them for reunion pages to add prior reunion photos. Since I wanted them to appear under the current reunion, I survey pages. But they are very slow loading. Is the type of page the reason for that?

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 8:57 PM - Response #1

Nope. The page load speed would be based on the number of photos you've uploaded to the page, and how large they are. the page being a survey page would have nothing to do with load time whatsoever.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 11:33 PM - Response #2

hmmmm... I have more and larger photos on other pages and they load instantly. I reduced the photos to 400 x 300 (approx.) I even got rid of most of the photos and did a slideshow embed (that does not open unless played)

any other thoughts?

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 11:48 PM - Response #3

The page you're thinking loads quicky is probably cached on your local computer including the photos. So what appears to be loading quickly is probably just loading from your own local computer. Try clearing your cache and then load it again. I bet it will take a lot longer this time.

If you put a whole bunch of photos on the page, say 30 or so, it may take awhile to load them even on a high speed connection.

Friday, December 5, 2008 at 12:49 AM - Response #4

I loaded pics at home. Was looking at it from work. Loaded both pages at work, survey and photos. Photos & video page load super fast, survey pages with photos takes time.

Must be something different.

Friday, December 5, 2008 at 1:03 AM - Response #5

No matter where you are, clear your cache, shut down your browser, open it back up, and then load just one page.

Then clear your cache again, shut down your browser, open it back up, and load the other page.

Let me know if you're still seeing this. By doing the above you won't allow your site design itself to get cached, thus speeding up the load time of whatever page you load second.

When you put a lot of photos on one page, the load speed will be determiend by a number of things, including your connection speed, whether something is previously cached or not, the method you used when compressing your photos to JPG format, the # of photos on the page, and even the browser you're using and how it renders the page.

One thing I can tell you beyond any doubt whatsoever though, is the fact that you're putting photos on a survey page has zero to do with the load time of the page. It's the items I listed above that will affect load time.

Edited 12/05/08 1:03 AM
Friday, December 5, 2008 at 1:45 AM - Response #6

I think you answered the question. The last set of photos on the survey pages I did not compress. I thought I was compressing them when I changed image settings. So, I think what you are indicating is that I need to compress before uploading. The uploaded resolution on the survey photos was pretty large.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.