ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to shorten "Birthday List"?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/18/11 12:00 PM Views: 2197 Replies: 12
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Dear CC,

We have 800 alumni on our site and our "Birthday List" is getting quit long. It is a popular feature of the website so I do not want to turn it off, but with the potential of many more alumni logging on our site, is there a way to shorten it from the present 30 day calendar?

Perhaps a 2 week option, or a 25 or so "people" option, or any combination of the above.

Thanks for your consideration.

Larry

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 1:34 PM - Response #1

Anyone care to join in?

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM - Response #2

We are going to look at an option for setting the number of birthdays to display. However this may take a little time as we have some other large projects ahead in queue.

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 3:06 PM - Response #3

Larry - The programmer just decided to go ahead with something on this one and a solution is now in place. Check it out.

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM - Response #4

Thanks Scott. My list now shows 25 upcoming birthdays.
Your promptness is what makes CC the best! Larry

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 5:02 AM - Response #5

I'd love to have my site adjusted as well. I maintain several sites......the largest being my Wachovia Old Gang with over 800 members (www.wachoviaoldgang.com)

Larry - great suggestion! Scott - will you work your magic on my Old Gang site as well.

Thanks as always. I know I can count on efficient service!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 8:49 AM - Response #6

Irma,

It is already there. Right now, on your birthday list, it says "SHOW MORE" at the top. This means that there are more than 25 birthdays and you need to click that link to see more birthdays.

Look for the "Show More" to be "Show More Birthdays" in the next little while.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM - Response #7

Great!!!! Update..I saw that a few days ago!!!Really,Cool!!!!

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Irma,

It is already there. Right now, on your birthday list, it says "SHOW MORE" at the top. This means that there are more than 25 birthdays and you need to click that link to see more birthdays.

Look for the "Show More" to be "Show More Birthdays" in the next little while.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 10:34 AM - Response #8

Hey Kyle. You know how technically challenged I can be....but in just looking at my www.efhs1973.com site -- when I click on 'show all' - it displays b-days from Jan 26-Feb 18. When I click on "minimize" - I would expect to see a shorter list-----BUT I'm seeing b-days from Jan 26 - Feb 23. So sign me confused somewhat in NC

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM - Response #9

Irma,

When you first see the birthday list, count the birthdays - only 25 of them. They range from 1/26 to Feb 18. When you click on SHOW MORE, the text changes to "minimize" and you get the longer list, 28 birthdays. They range from 1/26 to Feb 23.

The text at the top of the birthdays module is NOT WHAT YOU ARE SEEING, but a link that you click to see what the link says, so "SHOW MORE" means if you click that link, you will see more birthdays, and you do.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 1:00 PM - Response #10

Kyle, I don't show the "Show More" option on my birthday list. Mine is a multi year sight. Does this have anything to do with not being able to see the "Show More" option?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM - Response #11

Vicki - the programmer is adding the functionality to the body location for the birthday's here shortly.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM - Response #12

I have a multi-year site..and it's on my homepage. It's at the top of the b/day list..'Show More Birthdays' is in blue! It show a month of b/days then it displays 'Show Less Birthdays!!!

Vicky Czajka wrote:

Kyle, I don't show the "Show More" option on my birthday list. Mine is a multi year sight. Does this have anything to do with not being able to see the "Show More" option?

Edited 01/26/11 4:09 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.