ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Planning my reunion mailing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/03/11 01:46 PM Views: 1202 Replies: 3
Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Happy New Year to all!

I have my mailing ready to work on for our August reunion. What I am wondering is if I should wait until the new features are available to send this out and when might that be?

We have all heard the complaints that Facebook changes just about every time we get used to something; I want these new members that the mailing will draw to only have to get used to this web site once if at all possible.

Do we have an idea when the switch will be thrown?

Denise

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 2:19 PM - Response #1

I wish it was a switch with a timeline! Instead what you are referring to we've dubbed the "system restructure", and it won't turn on as a whole overnight. Instead it will be rolled out as a series of updates starting with the new "Notify Me!" feature which we're hoping to activate this month. After that there's many things that constitute the restructure such as ability to flag what changed in Profiles, several new designs, redone current designs all slightly wider, link sorting, default link renaming, unlimited pages and more. Most of these things are separate rollouts, all of which will be posted in the New Features forum as they are launched. Significant updates will also be emailed to all Admins.

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 2:35 PM - Response #2

So fundamentally you are telling me that mailing the mailing on the 15th or the 22nd isn't really going to matter....

I haven't activated the "reunion" link for the "product" so to speak yet (need another meeting to double check everything) but will the update for that mess too much with me? I have people who want to sign up NOW or as soon as I get it going.

How is that going to affect me? I have the donate button for PayPal for plain "donations" and thought I would use the check method for the reunion reservations itself. Kinda keeps things separate there for this old brain.

Thinking ahead, as always. I want to keep from doing work twice if I can possibly.

Denise

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 2:57 PM - Response #3

Sure - we understand. No, it won't matter for the 15th or the 22nd. We are working on our updates and will be rolling them out as they are ready for the live system. However, I cannot give you any solid timelines as of yet.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.