ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Attaching an invite

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/21/09 01:35 PM Views: 1817 Replies: 10
Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Dear CC:

I'm trying to attach an invite to an e-mail or at least paste it and then send it out. I went to the "e-mail the class" tab and it doesn't allow me to attach the invite (pdf). The invite has some graphics, colors and text and am wondering how I can get it out to everyone?

Thank you.

Steve

Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM - Response #1

1) Go into edit mode for any page
2) Click the chain link icon
3) Click the File Vault tab
4) Upload your PDF file to your file vault
5) Now create your class mass email and simply provide a link to your PDF file so each Classmate can click on it and open up the file.

When you're doing a mass email like this you're better off doing a simple attachment link rather than a big email with a copy of the file attached to every single email. The system will process it much faster, and you'll get around more spam filters that block attachments, etc.

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM - Response #2

Brad:

Thank you to Class Creator for helping make our reunion a success. It was held this past weekend and Class Creator definitely helped contribute to the success we had!

Now, that the reunion is over, is there a place we can upload a bunch of photos onto class creator so our classmates can view them? Where is the best place to put those?

Thank you.

Steve

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 4:08 PM - Response #3

Hi Steve, congrats on the successful reunion. We have a Community Gallery feature slated for the Fall, but until then I'd suggest either:

1) Use one of your Customizable Links page to create a reunion photos page. Here's one one Administrator did.: http://www.marshalltownhighschool58.com/class_custom1.cfm

2) Use Photobucket.com or Slide.com. You can pretty easily upload numerous photos there and then with a litle piece of code they give you pull your photos right into your class web site. Should you wish to do this, when you get your embed code let me know if you need a hand installing it into your web site.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 9:13 PM - Response #4

Brad:

Okay I looked at their site. How did they do this? Are they just copying and pasting pictures onto their homepage? Or, do I need to use Slide or the other one you suggeted in order to do this? I would like to do something similar.

Thanks.

Steve

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #5

No. In fact you never want to try copying and pasting pictures. It won't work.

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to the page of your choice
3) In your page editor press the yellow image icon
4) Click on the File Vault button
5) Upload all the images you wish to your File Vault. Place on page.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 10:02 PM - Response #6

Brad:

Thank you very much for your help!

Steve

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM - Response #7

Brad:

I was able to upload and figure out how to add pictures to our site...Thank you! However, I recently went to add some pictures a classmate sent me and they show up when I'm on the edit page, but when I save and go to the homepage they don't show up. Then, I go back to edit homepage and there they are and they show up?! Any idea what is happening?

Thank you.

Steve

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM - Response #8

Yes, I can tell you exactly what's happening on those images. You have spans in there that look like this:

The "display: none" part of that code tells the system to not to display whatever is between the span tag. What I can't tell you is how those 4 spans got set to none, but that's the problem anyway. I zapped the "display: none" portion of those 4 span tags, allowing those photos to now display.

Edited 08/12/09 8:58 PM
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 8:23 PM - Response #9

Brad,

Thank you, but there is still one photo of three of us (me and two gals) that should be the first photo that is not showing up. Can you get that one on there please? Is this something I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Steve

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 10:07 PM - Response #10

I'd like you to try this:

1) Go into your home page edit area
2) Click the source button
3) Don't scroll at all, just look near the bottom portion of the code you currently see in the code window.
4) Look for this exact code:

This will solve this problem. Do you hapen to know what you're doing to get the display: none in there? It's very unusual.

Edited 08/18/09 10:08 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.