ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Major changes to classmate database - How?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/26/13 07:51 AM Views: 845 Replies: 3
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM

We have about 600 classmates, most are inactive (it's an older class)but we use Class Creater to snail mail them and keep track of their addresses. 50th reunion coming up and we have a BUNCH of address changes to upload. Maybe a thousand changes. The thought of doing that manually one at a time is overwhelming.

Isn't there a way to download the class database, make changes in Excell and then upload all the changes at once?

The instructions imply that that process is only for first time upload. Why?

Surely, someone's found a better way than manually one at a time for mass changes.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM - Response #1

IF the address changes are only for NEVER BEFORE JOINED classmates, you can use the RESET CLASS LIST (you would be able to choose which classmates to delete) to delete the classmate(s) from the system and then reupload only those classmates.

There is no way to merge data into a classmate's profile through an upload. If you reset the entire class, none of the added profile data would be saved.

The RESET CLASS LIST option does not let you delete classmates who have already joined the website. It is found on the Manage Classmates, Upload Classmates menu.

If you don't want to make 1000 changes by yourself, delegate to other admins.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle. I didn't realize the 'reset' only affected classmates who have not 'signed in' that's an important point. I'm still a bit nervous about hitting 'reset' on just about anything. e.g. 2 weeks later, I was still reloading programs on my smartphone.

I waa concerned that reset would affect Active (signed in) classmates link with their photos and videos. But if it doesn't touch anyone 'signed in' I should be good.

Now if I can just figure out why yearbook photo's loaded on the 'edit pages' for In Memory: edit...don't show up in the Manage Classmates page in the Yearbook Photo field, I'll be happy.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM - Response #3

RESET will give you a list of names. It will only list those not joined.

The Yearbook Photos and In Memory Photo aren't connected. You would need to upload it in both places.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.