ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cost of using paypal

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/04/08 11:47 AM Views: 1357 Replies: 7
Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Since class reunions are non profit I was wondering about the cost of using pay pal. Can anyone tell me about how much it will cost us to accept payments through paypal? We are trying to keep the cost at $25 a ticket, but if we accept on line payments we need to figure out how much more to charge for that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Glenda

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM - Response #1

Click on your Reunion Planner link. On that page you've got a link directly to the PayPal fee schedule.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 11:55 AM - Response #2

Ours added $1.50 to a $40 ticket

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 1:14 PM - Response #3

While we have not yet signed up, I was told it would be slightly less than 3% of any tranaction of "our size". The fee goes down, but at numbers far greater than we would ever be using it for. (Don't recall that number.)

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 2:01 PM - Response #4

We were charge $3.20 for a $50.00 Ticket.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 3:31 PM - Response #5

PayPal charged 2.9%. For a $25.00 purchase we were charged $1.50. Which we added to the cost of the tickets, and labeled it a convience fee. Many were happpy to use the service as it saved them the hassle of getting a money order or writing a check and mailing it.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 3:43 PM - Response #6

After checking my site I found that it was $3.20 for two $50.00 tickets instead of one. Stand corrected.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 6:53 PM - Response #7

Thank you all for your help. That is why I love this site, get lots of help quick!! You are awesome!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.