ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cathy Plotnick!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/02/09 02:56 PM Views: 1933 Replies: 17
Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 2:56 PM

At first I was thinking you were making us look bad with all them gifts and stuff...Hahaha...Then, I noticed this. You and I launched our sites on the same day, July 16, 08!! THEN, I noticed this, here's the kicker....You have more posts than me!!!! I don't feel so bad afterall!!! Smile

I am just kidding, of course....just a little trivia note. I have learned so much from Cathy and everyone here. Thank you all...Bonita

PS. I plan on some virtual gifts as soon as I can figure out how to post pics on these forums!!! Many have explained it, it's just me.........Confused Bonita

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 10:52 AM - Response #1

Hi Bonita ~ how did you do your light blue cloud background on your homepage? That really looks cool. Love your site!

Dawn

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:04 AM - Response #2

Hi Dawn, We used a site called Infoserve Media. Many wonderful backgrounds...There are many cloud and sky ones. Click on Nature, then Sky and Stars I think it is..our particular one is on page 9, 3rd in. One thing. When you do a background, remember that if will appear everywhere on your edit page, but will appear only as a background on your actual page. Good luck. Let me know if you have any other questions. Bonita

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM - Response #3

PS. Thank you for the nice compliment on our site. My coadmin and I work on it weekly. So many fun graphic and clip art stuff...so little space... sigh...Bonita

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:19 AM - Response #4

Okay, I found the background that I like and cut and saved the code...so now where do I put the code? Laughing

Dawn

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:25 AM - Response #5

Anywhere on your homepage edit page. I'm going to look and see what you've done! Bonita

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:27 AM - Response #6

I really like your "to do" list, the pencil adds a nice touch...Bonita

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:34 AM - Response #7

Yay!! I love your falcons!!! Very cool....Bonita

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:34 AM - Response #8

Thanks Bonita! I put the background in of birds - was hoping for falcons since that is our school logo. What do you think? I think I may change it as you can't really tell what it is. Very Happy

Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #9

Dawn Estep wrote:

Thanks Bonita! I put the background in of birds - was hoping for falcons since that is our school logo. What do you think? I think I may change it as you can't really tell what it is. Very Happy

I think they look great...At closer look, not sure they're falcons...crows, I think. Wonder if anyone would notice. Overall, the idea is perfect for your site. Are there more bird on that site?

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 2:59 PM - Response #10

How did you get that magnifying glass to glide over the photos? That's cool!

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM - Response #11

Also how do you put the Click here to go back to the top of page?

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM - Response #12

Named anchor thread is here.

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 3:46 PM - Response #13

Jeanne Ellenwood wrote:

How did you get that magnifying glass to glide over the photos? That's cool!

Hi Jeanne. On the site Picture Trail. On the slideshow page, choose the transition called Magnifier. You can pause the pic and the magnifier does it on it's own. Bonita

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM - Response #14

Hi Bonita

I absolutely love your site, I will borrowing some of your ideas Laughing, Your posts as well as the others has helped me tremendously.

Latoya

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 1:42 PM - Response #15

LATOYA JOHNSON wrote:

Hi Bonita

I absolutely love your site, I will borrowing some of your ideas Laughing, Your posts as well as the others has helped me tremendously.

Latoya

Latoya, Thank you so very much!!! I steal stuff too!! Here is another fun site I found yesterday on someone's page...GlassGiant.com...Have fun. You have your site pretty locked up, but your homepage is coming along really nicely.Bonita

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 3:52 PM - Response #16

One more suggestion, although maybe it doesn't bother you like it does me on my site. I have always preferred that a link (such as the ones with your flags on the Alumni Page) open in a new browser window instead of opening in the same window as your site. Instead of the classmates having to hit the back button a few times to get back into your site, all they would have to do this way is to close out the newly opened window, and back to the site they are.

If your interested in doing this, it isn't hard... just follow these directions below - (From Brad)

-Doug

Just press the Source button and look at your link in source code view. Let's say your link is something like this:

The link on the image above will open in the same window. But if you add this to the code after your link code it will spawn a new window instead:

target="_blank"

So the whole string would look like this:

Hope it's not to confusing, but just look at the difference in the two codes and the placement of the wording target="_blank" and you'll figure out where it would go. It's really quite simple.

Edited 05/07/09 3:54 PM
Friday, May 8, 2009 at 10:51 AM - Response #17

Hi Doug

I will try this out on the weekend, not sure I understand the directions but will send you a note if I need some "hand holding" Confused.

Thanks for the suggestions!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.