ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Videos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/15/08 05:53 PM Views: 1736 Replies: 10
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM

how do I upload videos to my website. I have two video files saved to my computer but can't figure out how to get them on the site.

They are not YouTube videos where I can just copy the code to embed them onto the page.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 6:25 PM - Response #1

We'll be releasing a new File Library feature shortly. For now your best bet is to upload the videos to Youtube, and simply use their object embed code to put them on your site.

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM - Response #2

Answering my own question!

onetruemedia.com allows you to upload video files and then embed them onto your webpage. Their site is very user-friendly for modifying and editing the video as well.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 1:45 PM - Response #3

where do i go to upload a video on the homepage?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 2:05 PM - Response #4

First upload your video to Youtube. Once it's there, they'll give you a string of "embed" code. Copy that code and paste it into your site (make sure you've pressed the "Source" button in the upper left corner of your editor before pasting the code).

For more information about embedding objects on your site such as videos:

http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.cfm#thirdparty

Edited 12/06/11 4:22 PM
Monday, August 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM - Response #5

Is the "File Library" feature available now? The person who created our reunion video cannot upload to YouTube so that i can embed on the site. She is getting a message from YouTube saying: "This video contains content from WMG, UMG and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

I need to upload the video directly to the website if possible or find some other way to embed. Please help.

Thanks,
Justin

Monday, August 13, 2012 at 3:49 PM - Response #6

We found that having the admins use the embed code provided by the 3rd party source worked just fine. Please use the embed code provided and paste it into the SOURCE view of the desired page.

Monday, August 13, 2012 at 4:22 PM - Response #7

Tried this and it does not work. The video does get embedded, but the copyright message is all that displays when you push play.

Edited 08/13/12 4:22 PM
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM - Response #8

If the video has a soundtrack containing copyrighted songs, then you may only be able to share it if you can write the code to embed in on your site, which depends in large part on the data format of the video file.

However, you may have more success uploading the video to vimeo.com rather than youtube.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM - Response #9

Tried vimeo.com and used the embed code provided but nothing is showing up on the class website page. Do I need to do something unique for vimeo?

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM - Response #10

You saved the page as a DRAFT. I selected "take my changes live" and saved it again, and now it works.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.