ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory again

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/15/08 05:15 PM Views: 1342 Replies: 7
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Can suggest adding a "year' field to the "in memory Details" page and also make the page so it is only one page and no need to scroll down. -when you are entering 1,000 of them it would help!
Thanks

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 6:11 PM - Response #1

Ray,

Do you mean for the class year on a multiyear site? If you've created a profile for the deceased under classmate profile and have already entered a year, the In Memory page automatically seperates by year. Look at my In Memory page to see what I mean.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM - Response #2

You are one of our new "multi" sites, and we've got some more work to do in how we break down the In Memory area for you. It will be very similar to how your Classmate Profiles page is broken down.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 8:21 PM - Response #3

Sorry,
That is not what I mean. I will try to explain.
Since I have to do one name at a time and I have over 1,000 to do it is taking a lot of time. What I was referring to was when I select a name and then hit "add" the next page "In Memory of" does not have the persons year. It is OK if it is a married woman because it will show the "Married name" -this is another thing that I ask to be change to "Maiden Name"- but if a man there is no year to positivly identify. This is not a huge problem because I still have not had a chance to load my "doubles" but I think it would make it a little neater to have a year field so it is 100% clear. I do not want to put someone on this list if they should not be there. The other thing was referring to saving time. Since I am doing so many each time I enter one and get to the "In Memory of" page I have to scrool down to hit "save".

Since we are on the subject I just check my "in memory" list and they are all listed Alphabeticly compared to the "Bloomning site" I prefer it this way because a person may know someone on "in memory" list but not know what year they were from. Otherwise, a person would have to click many years to get to see so many names he/she may know.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM - Response #4

The deceased classmates listed on my site are in alphabetical order according to the year of death. You could not put the year of death in the information, and the list would be completely alphabetical. I found the easiest way to enter classmates was to use the excel template provided by class creator, then go in and click through the dropdown menu to find the name.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 1:47 AM - Response #5

Ok, we won't break it down that way just yet then, but over time you could wind up with a gigantic list accumulating there. We may have to think of some other way to segment the page, but it's ok for now.

I want you to do me a favor. Please call Rhonda Good at 734-972-9313 and walk through with her adding an In Memory entry and explain exactly what you're looking for. I think I've got it but I want to be 100% clear here, as your site and the number of Classmates you're working with is new territory for us.

Rhonda can take specific notes on the process you are undertaking and can then convey this information to the programmers. Sometimes ya just gotta talk in person to get these things over to the programmers 100% correctly, so I'd appreciate your phone input.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 10:32 AM - Response #6

Will do!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 8:16 PM - Response #7

Rhonda indicated you called and that she has your notes. We'll be working on these things shortly. Thanks for your recommendations.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.