ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

MANAGE CLASSMATES MODE

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/13/09 07:48 PM Views: 1321 Replies: 3
Friday, March 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I think I mentioned this before, but do you have on your task list to change the MANAGE CLASS LIST FIND MODULE TO FIND BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER INSTEAD OF PAGE NUMBER. We have 10 years worth of JHS NAMES, and we have to guess which page to look for if we don't know the class year. If we had PAGE A-D , E- G for example it would narrow our search down, unless you put a SEARCH for the name in...so we don't have to search thru 15 pages just to try to figure out where the name may be.?

Friday, March 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM - Response #1

Yes, that's on the list. If the Class List exceeds a set limit, then the alphabet characters will appear.

Friday, March 13, 2009 at 8:10 PM - Response #2

sometimes I think you guys are my guardian angels..Who sent you down to earth???????????

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 12:09 AM - Response #3

If you're not adding any more classmates and it's going to be a while before Brad's elves get to it, take a few minutes and make yourself a cheat sheet of what letters are on which pages.

Our multi-year site www.sphsaa-classmates.org covers 1907-2008 which is 527 pages in Manage Classmates. I do that math guessing game where you figure M is about in the middle so you see how many guesses it takes to approximate where the name would be. Now that we've got all our names uploaded, I'm going to write down where at least the 26 letters land because names aren't that evenly distributed, mathematically.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.