ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sharing a Wonderful Story

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/03/11 12:54 PM Views: 1824 Replies: 6
Monday, January 3, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I'm sure many of you have had similar experiences with your class site, but I was so touched by this I wanted to share it. We had a girl in our class who died in 1975 at the age of 31 of breast cancer, leaving two daughters ages 10 and 5. About a month ago, I received an email from the youngest daughter. She had found our site and the memorial for her mother.

I was able to share with her some grade school photos of her mother that she had never seen.

Other members of our class have contacted her with stories and remembrances and she is so appreciative, as she feels she has discovered a new side of her mom that she never knew.

Of course, none of this would have been possible if not for Class Creator -- it is just the best!!! Thanks, Brad and team.

Sandy

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM - Response #1

Wow...how cool is that? That really is a great story and we appreciate you sharing it.

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:29 PM - Response #2

I received an email from a man on Veterans day who googled a name of a person that he was in combat with. Apparently the person who emailed me was with out classmate the died he was killed in the line of duty. HE expressed how glad he was to find the site and that his friend wasn't forgotten. I put him in contact with our classmates family who has since developed a friendship with this person. They flew to visit each other. They are so grateful for the website and how it brought some this man to them.

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM - Response #3

That is wonderful. I bet there are alot of stories like that. Not for this site, I might not have learned of a few classmates deaths. They found us and notified me. Class Creator has been a wonderful tool for so many things. I love it. Bonita

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 3:33 PM - Response #4

I completely agree. A classmate who moved away and was out of touch for many years found us and has been reunited with "old" friends. Our site probably wouldn't be in existence if not for my being sweet-talked into helping with the reunion. It has, not only, brought classmates spread far and wide to a common visiting spot but, also created a network of new friends among the site administrators. Class Creator is a wonderful tool!
Tam

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM - Response #5

These are very touching stories. I'd like to see these put together in an email or special message we could use on our web sites. Personally, I would prefer to email it to all classmates. Not only is it touching, it may touch a few who have stayed away and bring them to our sites.

I've had several from other classes use the Contact Us page to ask if they may join our site due to the many friendships they had within my class. That may be something to add.

So I ask Sandy and Alumni Guy, may I borrow your stories? Maybe our resident writer would work her magic with them. Smile

Thanks so much for sharing!

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM - Response #6

Hi Sandy,
May I share your story on my school's site? I just learned yesterday that an old friend was shot and killed by a robber the day before his daughter's 6th birthday. I think we're all pretty shocked and saddened. This would be a nice story to share with them and maybe inspire them to reach out to his daughter.Thank you for sharing it.

Sincerely.
Alyson Angus

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.