ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Uploading photos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/16 10:28 AM Views: 1085 Replies: 15
Friday, September 16, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Yesterday I received an email from a member of 1 of the 3 CC sites I maintain. The message didn't include details - simply said they were not successful in uploading a photo.

This am, I deleted a few pics from my profile page - and was going to replace with more current photos. I was able to delete - and when adding - I was able to 'browse" - however even after seeing 100% upload complete - the new photos were not added. Shocked

Friday, September 16, 2016 at 12:24 PM - Response #1

What browser are you using?

Friday, September 16, 2016 at 3:13 PM - Response #2

Don't know what browser the member uses --but I use (and always have) Internet Explorer.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 7:37 PM - Response #3

I'm still unable to upload photos to my profile page.
Please provide an ETA when the issue will be resolved.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 8:31 PM - Response #4

Very strange results. FF 48, Windows 10

First time, it looked like it was "stuck", I clicked the 100% area and I ended up with TWO images. Deleted, uploaded and again got TWO images. Deleted, uploaded and again got TWO images.

Deleted again, switched to a different image, uploaded and got a single image. Uploaded one I was using first and again got just a single image.

Seems to work now.

Maybe someone was changing code, but it sure was an odd experience.

Monday, September 19, 2016 at 11:34 AM - Response #5

Odd results Jack. Hmmm? Irma - what version of IE are you using?

Monday, September 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Response #6

IE 11

Monday, September 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM - Response #7

More odd results with IE 11

Small images loaded fine (under 1000 wide), then a large image (~2500 wide) had the 100% showing for over 5 minutes. Yet when I clicked "done" and came back, image was there.

Was erratic like that with large images (not ending) and all of a sudden, all images worked. Did both jpg and png

Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 4:33 PM - Response #8

Nothing has ever been resolved as to the difficulty in a Root Admin uploading photos. I am beyond frustrated.

It appears I successfully uploaded a photo (using Manager Classmates (I'm the Root Admin) to the profile of Bob Baldwin. But as I've experienced in the past - the photo is not displaying.

Monday, April 3, 2017 at 12:04 PM - Response #9

Hi Irma,

Can you send the photo you are trying to upload to info@classcreator.com so I can test a few things with it?

Thanks,

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, April 3, 2017 at 12:48 PM - Response #10

Irma Comer wrote:

It appears I successfully uploaded a photo (using Manager Classmates (I'm the Root Admin) to the profile of Bob Baldwin. But as I've experienced in the past - the photo is not displaying.

Irma, you say that the photo "successfully uploaded". When you look at his photos in his profile's photo gallery using Manage Classmates, does that photo have a green check mark? If it does, but you can't see it when viewing his profile normally, it may be a browser cache issue. Browsers tend to 'store' pages you've accessed, and don't always refresh what they've stored when something changes.
Oh, and if it does not have a green check mark, I've seen that happen on an upload. All you have to do is click on the photo to turn on the green check mark.

Edited 04/03/17 12:51 PM
Monday, April 3, 2017 at 3:33 PM - Response #11

John - the photo can't be seen. When I say it was successfully uploaded -- as I was uploading it thru the Manage Classmates -- I got the 100% completion notice. That certainly implies the photo uploaded. It is NOT showing on his profile.

Jessica - I have emailed you a copy of the pic

Monday, April 3, 2017 at 4:08 PM - Response #12

Hi Irma,

I went to upload your photo and it was already there. I applied it as the Master Photo. Did you want it there or under the photos section? The image was there and just not active.

Jessica

Monday, April 3, 2017 at 4:17 PM - Response #13

Explain to me how to make the photo active? It was not seen by me to do so. I used the Manage Classmates to upload the photo-------which used to be a quick/easy/painless task. There's no opportunity (at least that I recall ever having seen during my past futile attempts to upload photos) to 'activate' a photo.

If I upload pics, I would expect the default to be to display the photo. Is that not an option.Confused

Monday, April 3, 2017 at 4:38 PM - Response #14

It shows up under the photos tab. When you click that tab as the admin (or that specific classmate) you see all active and inactive photos. That photo was there inactive. I went to the master photo area and assigned it as the master photo making it active there with the check box that turns green when active.

Monday, April 3, 2017 at 6:49 PM - Response #15

Irma Comer wrote:

John - the photo can't be seen. When I say it was successfully uploaded -- as I was uploading it thru the Manage Classmates -- I got the 100% completion notice. That certainly implies the photo uploaded. It is NOT showing on his profile.

Thanks for the additional details. That sounds like a problem that I've seen (and has been reported several times in these forums). There are times when you upload a photo, it says "100%" but the upload indicator is still spinning and you don't see the photo. If you leave and then come back some time later, the photo is there. If I'd waited long enough, it may have finally appeared, but I was never patient enough to wait that long.

My guess is that when that happens, there's a problem between Class Creator and Amazon where the photo's are actually stored, and after a while whatever one or the other was waiting for finally completes.

Couple that with the fact that sometimes an upload completes normally but does not turn on the green check mark for the uploaded photo, and it can get confusing. About all you can do is wait (or go back later) to see the uploaded photo and click on it to turn on the green check mark if it's not on.

Oh, and when you're uploading one for a Master photo, Then photo, Now photo or Yearbook photo, you may NOT want the green check mark on. Since they will display at the top of a profile, there's no need to also display it for members viewing the profile's photo gallery.

Edited 04/03/17 6:50 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.