ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Export

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/11/10 01:52 PM Views: 1190 Replies: 5
Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM

When you down load "Classmate Uploaded Pictures", the porcess has renamed the photographs to include: Married Name (if different), Last/Maiden Name, First Name, Memmber ID, and then what appears to be a sequence number (of photo in the database).

When you down load the "Yearbood Pictures:, the file name appears to be: Last/Maiden Name, First Name, and Married Name (if different) only.

Is there a reason for this or just a difference

Seems to the file names should be consistent

As I am not only the site admin but also the CLASSMATE TRACKER and the data on the website does not include all the fields I desire, I am maintaining an off line database )as I am sure others do). I have found only one field that is virtually unchangeable and that I plan to use as a link between the WEB data and my data and that field is the MEMBER/CLASSMATE ID number. As a result, I believe it very critical that this number be present in all data upload (except new members) and download events.

I personally would prefer to see the Member ID, and Sequence number prior to the name data and to me, the Name should be formatted athe same as the YEARBOOK photo download is today.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM - Response #1

Curious, what would it take for you to NOT maintain a separate database?

If there was a Detail Page Generator (similar to Profile Generator) would you be able to add all of these fields there? Tell me what other data you're keeping and then tell me what would be the ideal way in the system for you to keep this other data. The goal should be Admins maintaining everything online and not having to keep external databases.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 5:55 PM - Response #2

I have already suggested some in prior notes. The biggest thing is as an admin and hunter, I want an area that is reserved for me and untouchable or viewable by non admins. In this area I can store things like complete maiden formal name (first middle last)- complete current formal name first middle last)- then and now nicknames, a larger note area similar to micosoft outlook...Idealy the screen would have my HARD data and also display some of the corresponding fields as entered by the classmate. When hunting for folks - If I have a birthday - I want to keep it and not be at the descretion of the classmate's chosing not to enter it.

Contact Names and info for others who will know were person is in x years. Brothers - Sisters - Children - need at least 3 of these.

Names, Marriage(s), Date of Birth, Last known location(s) are critical when hunting down people - especially the ladies. Just a quick response. Willing to discuss with you on phone if you wish.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM - Response #3

All right. So what if we made a Details Page Generator very much like Profile Generator? If you had an exact copy of Profile Generator for your Details page and you further had the ability to specify if something you create is viewable and fill-in-able by the Classmate or if only the Admin can see it, what from your list above would you NOT be able to do?

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 8:55 PM - Response #4

that might work - as long as there is no limit on nbr of fields.

dont forget the real issue in the naming of the exported pictures. dont you think it would be consistent - and include a value that is not going to change at a whimsy such as the member ID?

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 9:48 PM - Response #5

If I had to guess I'd say less than 1% of Admins would have any need for the Member ID to be appended to photo names that are exported (few people keep separate records in this fashion or would know what to do with it even if they did). That doesn't make your need or the request any less valid though, I can certainly see the merit in that. We won't be working on these areas until a rather lengthy system overhaul is complete but I'm adding this to our list of things to look at at that time. Thanks Charles.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.