ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Notes

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/09/09 09:21 PM Views: 1591 Replies: 8
Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 9:21 PM

This is just a nit, but maybe Classmates Notes could be titled Administrator Notes? Just so you know, my additional feedback is - Your site is awesome!!

Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM - Response #1

Heh, thanks Liz. Smile

We called it that because the notes are generally about the Classmate. But you're considering it your own notes about the Classmate, so it's Administrator notes. Hopefully the wording under the box eliminates any confusion. I'm good with it either way though. Maybe we can take an informal vote. Would you guys like it changed to "Administrator Notes" instead of "Classmate Notes"?

Edited 08/09/09 9:34 PM
Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 10:41 PM - Response #2

This is going to be a stupid question, but where is classmate notes located? Can't remember seeing it..

Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM - Response #3

I think "Administrator Notes" is more precise, as "Classmate Notes" might be construed to be written BY or FOR the classmate, vs. internal, ABOUT the classmate. "Administrator" further implies that it is not viewed by anybody else, regardless of what other instructions you give about it. That's my vote.

Edited 08/09/09 11:05 PM
Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 11:25 PM - Response #4

Gary Smith wrote:

This is going to be a stupid question, but where is classmate notes located? Can't remember seeing it..

It's on the Classmate Details page.

1) Click on Manage Classmates
2) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
3) Click the Details link next to any Classmate's name

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 8:45 AM - Response #5

I also like "administrator notes" better. If I ever give up the admin job, it will be easier for the next admin to know how the notes got there and that he/she may change them.

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 9:32 AM - Response #6

This has been changed to "Admin Notes"

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM - Response #7

Well done! Thanks to Liz for raising the issue. And thanks to CC for being right on top of this and responsive, as usual!

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 8:24 PM - Response #8

Brad, thanks for the "Admin Notes" I like it!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.