ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploaded Pictures do not appear and change my layout

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/15/08 01:36 PM Views: 1349 Replies: 7
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Brad,
I just uploaded more pictures to my Yearbook Pages tab. The entire page is now out of order, some pitures are not showing up at all. Is there a way to fix this?
Will the picture thing for customized pages be changed to that of the personal ones so we can keep them arranged and such??
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 5:42 AM - Response #1

No. This is an entirely separate module. But advanced photo galleries are coming for pages like this.

For now, please click on all of the photos on your page that didn't resize and delete them. They are blowing out your page. Then please reupload them.

How did the oversized photos get like this? I really have no idea. You're not copying and pasting photos are you? Always make sure you use the yellow image button to upload your images. If you copy and paste photos all kinds of unpredictable things can happen.

As to the order, I have no idea what order you want and I also would not know why they are out of that order now. One thing I can tell you though, is it IS OK to copy and paste photos while working on that page itself AFTER you have uploaded all of the photos with the yellow image button. Never try to copy and paste photos from other pages of your site though onto this page. And definitely don't try to copy and paste photos from other applications on your own computer. 100% of the photos must be uploaded using the yellow image button.

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 9:13 AM - Response #2

I opnly use the yellow button on this page. I place the cursor where I want the photo before I upload them. Those few pictures that are bigger were sent to me from someone, I downloaded them to my computer then uploaded them to the site. I have to see if I still have them so I can do it over.
Thanks,
Mike
PS I never use copy paste for photos...

Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 3:41 PM - Response #3

Hmmmm. When you upload those oversized ones again, I'll be interested in seeing if you can reproduce this problem. If you can I'd like you to mail a sample of one of those large images to info@classcreator.com. I'll need to figure out what's causing that.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 4:48 PM - Response #4

I imported a high school logo as directed and find that i have limited options for moving it around on the page. Is there a way to click and drag it around the page. The image properties options are limited to top, bottom, etc. Also, is there a way to delete the automatic headings on a page and insert my own. For eg, I have a Las Plumas High School banner so I don't need the auto heading above it.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 4:58 PM - Response #5

I'm gunna give ya more answers to that than ya think Retha. Smile

Ok, for starters, I hope you don't mind, I resized your large top banner so it fits on your page. Trust me you don't want to leave it like you had it -- your Classmate's won't be able to log into your site if you leave it sticking over the login box like that. Anything you upload into your home page's content column has to fit in the area you're putting it, or you can interfere with the login box or other modules on the right.

No, you can't drag and drop your logo. Each design is what it is. It's entirely possible we'll be doing more with these types of things in the future, but at a minimum you'll probably be interested in our Advanced Photoshop Designs coming out in '09, which will give you ultimate control over your site's look and feel. But, more about that another time.

Regarding image properties, the basics are in the editor, but you have full control over the html of your page. If there's something more advanced you want to do in there, just click the Source button and do anything you'd like. I'm not sure how skilled you are with html, but if you need a good free tutorial, just Google "html tutorial" and in a couple hours you'll learn all kinds of things you can do with your editor.

Finally, you could always click on Edit School/Logos and delete your high school name and only leave your banner. Although doing that will make sure site far less findable in the search engines. Not to mention if your Classmate's bookmark your site they'll be bookmarking a site with no name, as your heading there also servers as your page's title. So yes you can do it, but I'd recommend against it for these reasons. In the upcoming Photoshop designs there will be no "canned" school heading like that. You'll be able to make it whatever size, shape, color, position etc. that you want it. Until that time though, each design in the system has fixed elements like your school heading that cannot be moved.

Edited 11/19/08 4:59 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 10:16 PM - Response #6

Thank you! That clears up a lot. I have NO html experience so I'm flying by the seat of my pants, taking your site's claims at face value that anyone can do this. I WONDERED why, when I tried to go back in and change the banner width, it basically stayed the same. You sly dog,you! I appreciate that, so much.

I'll keep studying and I will anxiously await the Advanced Photoshop Design's release. I use Publisher and Adobe Photoshop a lot, so this html editing is pretty painful for me, comparatively speaking.

I just sent out a batch of email invitations for classmates to view what I've done so far. Take a look and see what other adviced I need. Figuring out music was "fun". I'd like to add the local weather to a page but there doesn't seem to be enough room for music AND weather without screwing things up.

How do I remove a video from the History page, by the way?

Thank you again for your great help.
Retha

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 11:23 PM - Response #7

You can pretty easily resize most third party objects to fit where you want them. There's all kinds of info about this topic in our FAQs for you:

http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.cfm#thirdparty

We're working on a history edit module that will allow you to remove history videos, add new ones of your choosing, and much more. Dave (programmer) is currently working on that and it should be available shortly, stay tuned. (By the way if the video is dead let me know which one it is and I can remove it from the system itself).

Edited 12/07/11 4:51 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.