ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Error message when trying to post .pdf files to page on school website

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/15/14 02:00 PM Views: 1008 Replies: 10
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I am trying to post .pdf files to a specific page on our school website and receive the following error:

('CFX_ImageCR Exception', "Access violation at address 580017F7 in module 'EffImg350j.dll'. Read of address 00000018")

The .pdf files are under GOOGLE DOCS. What is the fix for this problem? I do not want to convert them all to .jpg just to load them on the website. I have a number of them to load now and there will be more as we get closer to our reunion in August.

Solutions please!? Thanks in advance for your assistance in this important matter.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

The File Vault consists of separate sections for photos and documents. It appears you're trying to upload a document to the area for pictures. To upload to the document area use the chain icon at the top of the edit box.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM - Response #2

What do you mean? There is no "chain" at the top of any edit box on the screen I want to copy the .pdf filers to. Can you give me a screen shot to better understand? Thanks in advance.

Richard

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 4:03 PM - Response #3
Link.jpg

In the attached screen shot the cursor is on the link that will get you to the document area of the File Vault.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM - Response #4

OK I see the chain ......... on the 2nd line. I am NOT trying to copy into the VAULT area ...... I want the .pdf files within the actual SITE PAGE under this row of tools ......

Thanks for assisting in this matter

Rich

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM - Response #5

This will be of interest to you.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 4:17 PM - Response #6

Also see this.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM - Response #7

Well there is a lot of talk here but none of it gives me the feature I want .... to post the actual .pdf file into the specific SITE PAGE within our school website. I guess I will have to find another way - convert them all to .jpg and then see if they will insert properly where I want them.

CC needs to fix this "bug, issue, problem, etc., etc., etc.".

Thanks for your help in trying to resolve this for me. I will tell the committee it is not doable currently under CC configuration.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM - Response #8

Not sure if you followed the posts in this LINK FC gave.

There is an exact solution to post a PDF file - see response #7. Works great for everything I tested.

IOW, it is doable under CC - but it's actually a browser consideration in the end.

P.S. There's a working example for now on our site THIS ONE(just a quickie)

Edited 04/15/14 4:46 PM
Friday, April 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM - Response #9

I've had the same problems with .pdf's & have a slew of hometown newspaper articles that I can't post. I had to give up trying until I can find more time to trial&error.

Jack, when I clicked on your link "THIS ONE" - this is what comes up:
"You've reached the bandwidth limit for viewing or downloading files that aren't in Google Docs format. Please try again later.
You can also try to download the original document by clicking here." [link then goes to a seemingly very complicated process that I know no classmate will use].
- Is that what you mean by "browser consideration"?
Thanks,
Karen M.

Friday, April 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM - Response #10

Karen, I don't get that message so can't see what it says. Must be an individual limit or something similar. Do you have a google account?

A pure iframe also works, except does not work in Safari (bug in Safari). THIS ONE

So yes, browsers influence how this works. Most current browsers automatically display a PDF file using embed or similar with the correct plugins. I think the top 3 all are configured to do this out of the box.

There are also software solutions but way more/too complicated since you have to install it in your file vault.

P.S. this is the iframe only version of that page

Replace the pdf file with your own and I think you'll need https for FB.

Edited 04/18/14 11:49 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.